Status: Will be sporadically updated.

What I Didn't Know

Friends just know

At lunch time I sat across the table from Brenda, Shyla, and Daisha, staring off as they made plans for my birthday. I looked behind me and saw Vaciius and Karkavus walking towards us, or maybe it was someone else, but he smirked, and winked like he knew he was owning my thoughts.

"Sound good, Sar?" Daish asked meeting my eyes and smiling like she knew there was something-or someone-on my mind.

"Yeah, definately." I nodded, trying to make my anwer seem convincing, and like I knew what they were talking about.

"Excuse me, Kark and I came to request and see if we may join you in conversing." Vaciius said still standing tall but sounding impecably polite and unsure.

"Why, it would be an honor to have someone as high status as yourself come and grace us with your company." I smiled trying my best to sound high class, and educated.

He gave his-already-famous one-sided smirk, like he knew I was making fun of him, but sat down next to me none the less, and Kark sat next to him, not saying a word. He did although send a smile toward my friends, although I'm not sure which one he was focused on.

"Although I know that you are her friends, I was wondering if it would be terribly bothersome if I stole her away for the night, so I can treat her to a nice dinner for her 16th birthday. In my country it is the time when a girl becomes a woman, and I would like to treat her as so." Vash-my new nickname for him-asked my friends, ever politely, and they all made eyes as the dazedly nodded their heads in consent.

"Well, that settles it then, we are going to Soreno's for dinner, and I will be your escort, and believe me I will be the utmost gentleman." He smiled at me through lowered lids as though it amused him.

"Excuse me, Vash. Do you mind if I refer to you as that? Just because they agreed does not mean that I have permitted you my one night a year when it is about me among my friends. If do not mind I would prefer to spend this important night with people I know over somebody who I almost-literally-ran into in the corridors, and did not even apoligize for his blatant rudeness to someone of my importance." I said, as seriously as I could, but I was very serious.

"As it so happens, I apologize for that incident, and I would be so pleased to have your company, as I have already made the dinner reservations, and would not necessarily care to go to a high class restaraunt with my dear old cousin here. I am practically begging." He smirked right back at me.

"Oh, Sar, you have to go! It would be so good for you to go out with a guy, heaven knows you need one."Daish exclaimed blinking her eyes at me to let me know she's mocking me, but also serious.

"What time would this hypothetical dinner be, Vash?" I asked, giving in.

"I will be there to pick you up, on your front step at exactly 6:30 pm. And no I find it quite endearing that you've already come up with a nickname for me. May I call you Asa, it is beautiful enough to fit a woman of such high quality and class." He smiled softly, seeming more serious.

"I suppose that would be acceptable. And do you need the directions to my home?" I asked digging for a pen in my purse.

"Oh no, I have them, your mother gave them to me long ago." He smiled as he stood to dumb his tray that he hadn't touched.

"My mother? You've already been to see my mother?" I asked thoroughly confused.

"Oh not your mother here in America. You're birth mother, Asa. She was a wonderfully, powerful woman." He complimented, and turned to walk away as the bell rang.

Daish squeezed my hand as I sat there shocked into a daze, just staring ahead of me with my mouth slightly open. I never even met my birth mother, and he seems to know so much about her... From what he said, it sounds like she is no longer with us.