Status: Will be sporadically updated.

What I Didn't Know

This once

"Excuse me, but... Who was that guy? And why was he sitting with you?" Maja, the schools bitchleader, asked snottily.

"I don't know, you can ask him. Unlike you, I make it my business to not spread around other peoples' business. I'm not the gossip factory, honey, go find somebody else to fuck with." I said swinging my purse onto my shoulder, and hitting her with it as I stode past.

' Next class, I saw Vash sitting in the back corner, with all the back desks around him vacated. I walked back there and stood next to his desk as I smirked down at him.

"Excuse me, good sir. but, umm, do you mind if I occupy the seat next to you?" I leaned down and whispered in his ear, then smirked when he looked up from his drawing.

"Actually, my lady, I save all the spots for you, just in case you wanted to sit next to me." He shrugged shyly, and ducking his head as he smiled.

"Thank you, Vash. That was very kind of you." I smiled back with a twinkle in my eye as I took the seat to his left.

Maja who, was sitting in the front row, glared at me balefully. I flipped her the bird with a smile on my face.

"Hey, I don't think this young man here would mind if you came and sat in from of him." I called laughing.

"What?" Vash asked wrinkling his eyes and looking at me.

"See that blonde coming over here? She the captain of the cheerleading squad, and she asked about you after lunch so I told she'd have you ask you herself." I shrugged smiling sweetly at him.

"You should've told her, so I wouldn't have to endure the agony." I whispered back, and we laughed together, it felt great.

"Hi, I'm-"

"Maja, the head cheerleader, yes I know, and I'm Vaciius, Miss Asarah's suitor, so in context that means not interested, but you are still welcome to have that there seat. I don't see anyone else occupying it." He shrugged, with a tight smile on his lips.

I turned the other way, and covered my mouth trying to muffle the gut-wrenching laugh that was bubbling up, but I couldn't help it, I've always laughed with my heart, and I laughed until I cried. Vash looked at me concerned, as though he wasn't sure what he did, but I just held my gut, and doubled over my desk as the tears fell. He rubbed my shoulder, and that made me turn completely serious. He was touching me, trying to comfort me in a way no guy ever has attempted.

"I'm okay, I'm not said, I was crying from laughing so hard, haven't you ever done that?" I asked wiping the left over tears away.

"I have, but most women where I'm from, do not laugh from so deeply, they are too concerned about their appearance, to be so carefree. I like to see you this happy, it's beautiful." He said, not smiling as his eyes traced over my face.

"You use the word beautiful a lot. Is it like. . . Your favorite descriptive word, or something."

"The only other thing besides you I've ever called beautiful is the view of the mountains from my bedroom window, and the Sunset on this very beach, in California." He murmured, very seriously.

I blushed and ducked my head, but I probably couldn't hide the redness, or the pleased smile on my lips. He brushed my hair back out of my face, over and over, like he just wanted to feel it running through his fingers, and I closed my eyes, loving the feel of it, never having had a guy do that before. He fingers were long, and the skin coarse, but he was so gentle as he did this, and I sighed involuntarily.

"Are you alright?" He asked concerned.

"Great actually." I smiled reassuringly with lowered lids.

"Beautiful." He breathed almost to himself, as though he couldn't comprehend what I was doing to him, but neither could, nor could I comprehend what was happening inside of me.