Status: Will be sporadically updated.

What I Didn't Know

I don't know how

I sat up, with my back straight, and Vash pulled his hand back with a small smile as he went back to his drawing. I did the same, pulling out my sketch pad and turning my head to study his serene expression. My tounge peeked out the side of my mouth as I concentrated on the task at hand.

The teacher was probably too tired of asking, to tell us to put away what we were doing, so she just let us be, and wrote the assignment on the board, then sat at her desk to ride out the class. Nobody complained, since it was hard enough sitting through 4 hours of classes a day, where teachers drone on and on.

I started with the basics of a sketch, just doing the outline of his facial features, then adding shadows from his cheekbones. I wish I could capture the true escence, the passion in his stare as he sketched something that I would probably never get to see. I drew the way his long fingers held the pencil gently, like a true artist does, letting the pencil guide itself, instead of forcing it.

The bell rang causing me to jump, and slam my sketch pad closed before Vaciius could see me drawing him. We walked out side by side, and he walked me to the door of my history, then kissed my hand in parting as he left for his Calculus class.

The last 2 hours pretty much passed by in a daze, as I slowly adding what details I could to my drawing from memory. At the end of the day I got in my car and drove home slowly. I got there, dropped my bag in my room and went outside to lay in the shed with my wolves. They were pacing around, acting like I hadn't taken them out in weeks, and I stepped in there and got attacked by dirty paws, and long tongues. I giggled, and put Sugar on a chain, then opened up the gate to let out Mill(ion), Kleo, Baker, and Gates.

We all took off at a run into the the fenced in area, and Baker and Gates ran straight for the woods, with there tongues lolling out of there mouths. I ran a couple laps to get Sugar some excercise, then we collapsed into the middle of the enclosure, both of us panting, and Sugar lapping at my face. I laughed heartily, as she covered my face in kisses.

I felt eyes watching me and I turned to see Mill with her ears perked up as she watched her younger sister, gain her breath and start pulling on my sleeve. I let her pull me up onto my knees, then pushed myself onto my feet, unclipped her chain, and took off at a dead run, with Mill and Sugar on my heels. Kleo, Baker, and Gates all joined the chase as I took my second turn, as I started losing speed. Playing chase the human probably wasn't the best game to play with a pack of wolves, but I was feeling a little daring today, accepting my first date, how much more vulnereable could I get.

I collapsed onto hill again, to catch my breath, and the pack kept trotting in circles around me, as though to say, 'C'mon, let's keep going.' As I laid there on my back, I turned my wrist to look at the time, and saw it was already 4:15. I jumped up and grabbed Sugar, to put her on her chain, cause she never wanted to go back to her cage after play time.

The rest of the pack ran with me, following my lead as I went straight into their cage. I let Sugar free of her chain, and rushed out the gate, and relatched it, so they didn't make a break for it. I rushed into the house, after giving them all a kiss through the fence, and stripped to hop straight into the shower. I washed, and lathered about 6 times, to make sure I'd gotten every spot I could reached, then hopped out, drying off, and taking off the make-up that had started running from the shower water.

With just the towel wrapped around me I picked up the clothes I had discarded onto the floor, and went to my room, dropping the towel on the floor and the clothes into the dirty hamper. I dug and dug, and dug through my drawers, but didn't find anything that I saw fit to wear to Soreno's. Dreadingly I went to my closet and opened it up to look at the dresses that Shyla had passed on to me, since her parents only let her wear each dress once, and I needed some "girl clothes". I found a mid-thigh length black number, that would match with a black stiletto sandals, that I had pushed into the way back of my closet.

"I'm taking this way to seriously," I muttered aloud to myself, thinking he would probably show up in black jeans, and a button up.

I slipped the dress on anyways, and buckled the stilettos around my ankle, before I sat at my vanity mirror, and did a careful smokey eye, that would match the white clip, and white bobby pins that I was styling my curly hair with. I left most of it down, but used to clip up a little piece in the center. I used 3 bobby pins to pin back my short bangs, and make me look more suited for a fancy Italian restaraunt, with a gorgeous guy. I finished with a thin layer of light pink, shiny lip, gloss and a little eye-liner to bring them out.

I took a couple deep breaths as I stood up and looked into my body length mirror, and saw how grown up I looked. I grabbed my purse, and hung it over my left shoulder and went out to the livingroom to wait for a knock at my door.

I checked my watch and saw that it was already 6 'o' clock. I hadn't realized how long I'd taken, but when the knock came, before 6, I jumped and rushed over as quickly as I could in the tall heels. I took another deep breath as I twisted the knob and pulled the door open.