Status: Will be sporadically updated.

What I Didn't Know

First Date

I took a shocked intake of breathe as I saw Vaciius standing there on my door step. He was wearing a real tux, with a pressed white button up underneath. His shoes were polished to a shine, and he was even wearing black and white striped tie, that made us match, like I wouldn't ever have believed. He even took the time to brush his hair down and back, so it was mostly at the back of his neck.

"I wasn't expecting you to be so formally dressed, my lady." He smiled at me, as he looked me up and down, not in a skeevy way.

"I did not expect you to be either, but I did just in case, you were to surprise me, and yes you did." I smiled softly as I nodded my head to him.

"Sarah, who's at the door?" My adoptive dad yelled, as he approached.

When he rounded the corner I stepped out of the way, like the obedient daughter I was, and Vash bravely stuck out his hand for my father to shake.

"I am Vaciius Koldavus, and I would be especially pleased, if I would have the honor of taking her out to dinner," He said respectfully, looking my father in the eye.

"Oh, your that boy that's supposedly gonna take my baby away, well good luck to ya. She's a handful, ain't gonna be tame fer nobody. But I do wish ya the best." Dad nodded as he shook his hand in acceptance.

I looked at both of them confused as to what they were talking about, and the way my father acted as though he knew this would happen sometime. He wished us a good time, and told me to be home by midnight, another surprise that I never expected. As I linked my arm through Vash's, my father closed the door behind us, and let Vash walk me all the way to the passenger's side of his car, open the door for me, then quickly got to his side.

I put my seatbelt on, and he glanced over, then did the same, because he probably never wore it anyways. I smiled as I placed my purse in my lap and folded my hands over it.

"May I take your hand, Asa?" Vash asked unsurely.

"Of course, Vash, that would be acceptable," I agreed holding my hand out, as a smirk tried to fight it's way to my lips.

He took my hand, and linked his fingers through mine, rubbing his thumb in a circular motion on the back of it. It sent shivers up my spine in a good way, and once again I tried to figure out what it was about this man that made my insides go weak. When we got to the restaraunt, before I could let myself out, Vash got out and ran quickly walked to my side, and opened the door for me. He took my hand and nearly pulled me all the way off my feet when he helped me out. He held his elbow out, and I linked my arm through it as we walked into the beautifully decorated restaraunt.

They brought us to a table in the V.I.P section where it was dimly lit, with candles on every table. He seated us at a table in the back table for privacy, and the candles cast shadows in the curve of his cheeks which nearly drove me crazy.

"Now miss Asarah I can see it in your eyes that you have many questions for me. I will answer anything you ask me," He promised sitting back in his chair and letting his hands rest on the table.

"You mention something about my birth mother, is she. . .?" I asked trying not to sound too concerned, since I didn't even know the woman.

"Yes, she passed away, 2 years ago. She had imbedded it in me to remember your address, so that I knew where I could find, if I ever wished," He said seriously, but his eyes showed pity for me.

"And you wished to. . .why? Where are you from? Who are you?" I spit-fired questions at him.

"I will start with your last question. I am who I said I am, but I am a Prince, from Romania. Your mother, the Queen for 95 years signed a treaty with my parents that was to end the feud between our family's. I did not wish to follow through with this, but I greatly respected your mother, and felt that I owed, at least that, to her for all that she has done for our country," He explained with passion, and compassion burning in his eyes as he looked at me.

"So. . . My mother was a Queen, where you come from, you're a Prince, and I fit into this how? I still don't understand what you're doing here," I said confused as to what he was getting at.

"Well the treaty that was signed at you're birth, was that you marry me, or whoever in my family was first in like to the throne. You have been destined to be Princess, and eventually Queen, of Romania, since birth," He explained leaning forward to look at me more intensely.

"So, to become Princess. . . I must marry you?" I asked incrediculously.

"Yes, that is the idea. To be honest, I do not like this idea either, fore I have been raised to despise Valdovir's and you are one, but since I've met you, I've become intrigued, that not all of you are the same," He confided looking at his hands.

"Well I'm only sixteen, nowhere near ready to be married, and I'm not too keen on the idea of having my husband chosen for me. And excuse me, but why was this treaty ever put into place, if your entire family hates, mine," I demanded angrily.

"Do not be offended, Pri-Asarah. It was not my entire family. Our birth parents believed we were the key components to ending this Family Feud, but as you never met your's and mine died when I was, but the age of 5, I was raised by my uncles, who did not agree with my parents' view," He said reaching across the table to take my hand, then added softly, "And to be honest, though I was raised to despise Valdovir's, I do not despise you, fore you are nothing like the meek, quiet, Valdovir's I have come to know. It seems as though you have the courage, and strength of that the Koldavus' are known."

"I don't know what exactly you mean by that, but I feel as though it's a compliment to me, and an insult to my family," I said looking at our hands clasped together.

"Asarah, I did not mean for your birthday to go like this, I wanted to treat you to a good dinner, and show you how it feels to be royalty, not this. . .blasphemy. I apologize, my lady," He murmured as the waiter came with food that we never ordered, "These are delicious Romanian dished, the one you have was your mother's favorite. Try it, I feel it will appeal to you very much," He commented, as he took a bite of his soup.

I took a bite, and it did. The meat was tender, so it just pulled apart, and nearly melted in my mouth. I wish I could do what he did, tell peoples likes and dislikes just by having a couple conversations. I wish I knew what was to become of us, because he was wonderful, but his story. . .not so much.