Status: Will be sporadically updated.

What I Didn't Know

Take me home

I sat back in my chair, all the stuff I learned tonight running through my head, as we were making small talk. Vaciius paid with a 100 dollar bill, then came around the table, to link elbows with me. He escorted me out of the restaraunt like any gentleman would do, and, as usual, opened my door for me, and shut it, before going around to his side. I let him take my hand, and he didn't say anything, as I was clearly lost in my thoughts as I watched the trees blur by.

When we got to my house, he openeed the door, and helped me out. He walked me to my door, like the gentleman he had been all night, and as we stood there I gave him a small smile.

"I had a wonderful time," I assured him.

"I am glad. I had not meant for the night to take such a serious turn, but I was simply giving you the honest truth." He ducked his head as though he was ashamed.

"I would rather be upset about the truth, than happy with lies. Thank you for that, and thank you for understanding that it was a lot to take in, in one night." I nodded, looking down as well.

"Sleep well, Asarah. I would like to see you be bright eyed, and bushy tailed, as you Americans say, when I see you tomorrow morning," He asserted with a smirk on his face.

"Good night, Prince Vaciius, sleep tight." I laughed, allowing him to kiss my cheek before I watched him walk to his car.

As soon as he drove away, I went inside, not trying to be quiet, since it was only 8:30. I went straight to my room, to change from the killer heels into a pair of fuzzy socks, and a tank top and basketball short, in exchange of the dress. I took all the clips, and pins out of my hair, and shook it out, to release some of the tightness.

I turned some alternative rock on, instead my usual metal or rap, as I laid on my bed, and ran my fingers through it. I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath as I tried to sort through all the thoughts spinning in my head. A small ache started in my stomach as I laid there and I curled up on my side, trying to ease it. It didn't take long before I fell into a fit slumber, that left me refreshed when I woke up the next morning.

***
Vaciius' P.O.V

I drove around for about an hour after I dropped Asarah of at her family estate. She seemed unsettled, and I wanted to give her time on her own to ponder the things that I had told her. After a little while I took the long way to the hotel Karkavus and I were presently occupying. When I got in at 10:00 Karkavus was still sitting in the chair staring at the door, as though awating my arrival.

"Vaciius, how did your night with Miss Asarah go?" He inquired as the door latched shut behind me.

"I do not know, I dropped her off at home, while she was still dissecting all the things that I told her," I stated as I started unbuttoning my dress shirt.

"And how much did you tell her, Vaciius?" He asked quietly.

"Almost everything aside from. . .well, you know. But I told her of the arrangement of our marriage, her being born to be a Princess, and her mother Anabell, the Queen." I thought of the things I had informed her of and thought I had maybe said it too soon.

"Vaciius. . . Although she did seem strong, and well put together, she did not grow up in our world, brother. She must be eased into it, or she may never come around." Karkavus scolded, and I felt like a disobedient child, fore he was right.

"I am sorry, next time I will take your advice into higher regard." I promised feeling like I may have ruined my chances of being the next ruler of our kingdom.