Dare to Dance

Chapter 1

"5, 6, 7 8. Down, up, kick ball change, kick ball change spin! OK, pause. 5, 6, 7 and go. Up, up wave those arms! Wave those arms!: Isabella Fuenta cried out. She threw her hands up in the air. "Cut!"

Isabella turned around and copied her own instructions that she had just given the class. She did it flawlessly and with perfection.

"See? Not hard. Let's try it from the hand claps." she called out and then instructed the music maker to start the music. "5, 6, 7 and clap, clap, clap, clap, up, down and turn it all around!" She chanted the steps out like it was a spell, she the witch. It was Isabella's drug, a drug needed for pain when you broke your arm, or your heart is broken. And in reality that's where Isabella went. Her dance studio to dance. To get all the frustrations out. And more. She needed dance to stand up on her own 2 feet. If it disappeared she would collapse, and disappear with it.

"Yo Iz!" a blond haired women called out from the back.

"What Shel?" Iz called back full of energy as the adrenaline flowed through her veins. She welcomed it and grinned. Shel's real name was Shelly but this was the house of nicknames and everyone had one.

"What do you mean by by belly roll, then jump ball heel, ball heel?" Shel grinned as she spoke and Isabella knew instantly that someone was scared to come forth and ask about it themselves.

Iz smiled knowingly and turned to instruct. Again, her moves were precise, solid and flawless. Clapping erupted in the dance studio.

"Well done. Well done. " Iz spun around to find a man of about 20 coming down the stairs clapping and in a track suit.

"And you are?" Iz said standing in front of her students, looking amused.

"Anthony Delawarz. A dancer." he said and did a move. Iz copied it with such perfection that some mouths dropped open around her but Anthony didn't miss a beat. He did a series of moves. His body language dared Iz to try the moves and she did with such perfection that he slowed down a step.

"Flawless." Anthony mused.

"Let's see if you are." Iz challenged and busted a move. Anthony followed with perfection. No flaw was detected. Iz then smiled and her eyes sparkled. She did move after move after move and made another dance. Anthony followed as best as he could. He wasn't flawless but he was better then the people in the class. He picked it up fast.

"Nice. You ever need a dance partner give me a ring a ding." he said and turned to leave.

" Hey. Why don't you stay and learn. Lesson's on the house." she said and now her body language dared him to stay. She smirked as he slowly turned around. He smirked and nodded his head.

"Alright." he said and took a position right behind Iz as she began the music again and slowly he learned the steps.

"Slower. Newbie not picking up the steps." She called out and his expression challenged her to go faster. She didn't take the challenge.

"5, 6, 7, and go!" she said and the dance began. It gradually got faster then faster till they were doing it at the original speed. Then came the partner dancing and usually Iz turned around to face her class to watch them. But Anthony didn't give her that chance. He took her and spun her around. She didn't miss a beat and kept dancing, hiding her surprise from him. Indistinctly they did the dance. It was a must, a want, a need they both felt. Soon new dance moves were added to the dance and one by one the couples stopped and formed a circle around the remaining ones dancing. Soon it was only Anthony and Iz dancing and they kept at it.

the music stopped but they kept going. A spark had ignited the flame and now a full blaze of a fire was going.

Then Anthony stopped and Iz did the same. They were both breathing heavily.

"Nice moves." Iz said cocking her head to the side.

"Same to you." Anthony said studying Iz for a second time.

She could be my dance partner. he thought.

"Well I have to go now. Nice dance studio." he said and walked out of the dance studio leaving the class and Iz behind.