Dare to Dance

Chapter 2

Iz locked up her studio and started to walk to her house. It was only two blocks away. She could handle it with being a dancer. Her heels clicked the sidewalks and a few glances told her that she could be heard as well as seen.

"Hey Ms. Iz." A little boy of about 8 called out running up to her.

"Hey Alex." she called back grabbing the little boy's hand and walking with him.

"How's your ma doing?" Iz asked and the boy just smirked.

"How do you think? Bad. And her boyfriend ain't helping'!" he said. Iz felt for the boy. He really had no home, no place to call home and a bad influence of characters that he has to live with.

"I feel like a milkshake and a burger. You want some?"

"Oh do I!" the little boy cried and rushed with Iz to the nearest burger joint.

***
Iz woke up to sunshine and a blast of a horn.

"New class. New students. Time to have some fun. Let's see. An outfit for today. Leotard... with a flair. Excellent!!!" she cried as she pulled the right leotard out of her closet.
Image((this is the leotard she picked. Besides the shoes.))

Now. What class was it again?" she looked at her calender and saw the words: advanced hip hop written neatly by the date.

"So I need modern shoes. OK. It can be down." she whispered and dug into her closet again to find matching shoes. Image((these are the shoes))

"OK. I am ready to go!" she breathed in a deep breath and put on a pair of white high heels. She had learned at a private dance academy that you never where your dance shoes out on the streets.

She walked with purpose to her studio and unlocked it bustling around turning lights and setting up the music she was gonna teach steps to to that class of the day. One by one students walked in expecting nothing but getting something.

"Welcome. This is advanced class right?" Iz asked and they all nodded taking in her appearance.

"I want to see what each of you can do!" Iz said and began with a step. Many copied except for one.

"You there. Whats your name?" Iz asked a girl about her age. Maybe a year or two younger.

"Marie. Anne Marie." she said quietly.

"Nice to meet you. Now. Could you please copy this step."

Iz did a series of moves and Anne Marie copied them the best of her ability. She did most of them except the one step she couldn't do earlier.

"Try this." Iz did the same move but at a different angle and finally Anne Marie got it right. Everyone applauded and then Iz stepped up onto the platform to rise above her students.

"Let's make up a dance and perform it. Two nights from now. You guys should be able to pick it up." Iz was pleased to see that it was not a class of all girls. It was pretty evenly matched.

They begun their dance and put it to music. She had partners already down and when they got to that part she stood around watching, waiting for a slip so she could start the music and make them do it over and over till no flaws were detected. She didn't even notice that Anthony had stepped in and was watching the little dance. He smiled when the partner part came up and he copied in the background.

"Cut! Let's try it again from the top!" she said. She danced with them and Anthony made his way to the front doing the moves with them all. Then came the partner part and Anthony grabbed her hand and did the dance moves with Iz. The music stopped and the dance was over in 3 minutes.

"Nice to see you again." Iz said.

"Same to you." he replied smiling.

"Let's take it from the beginning. Then you all can go home." Iz said and pressed the play button again.