Dare to Dance

Chapter 3

Iz sat on the steps inside her dance studio, waiting for the next group to come in and learn a few more moves. Except this time her dancers were hers. She knew each individual dancer and they knew her. So it would be easier to dance with them. Anthony was really rattling her brain. It was hard to concentrate on her students when he danced with her, let alone the music.

"Hey. I have a solid question for you and I hope you accept."

Speak of the devil and he shows up. Iz thought violently and turned on her ball of her right foot.

"Maybe I will, Maybe I won't. Shoot." she said smiling, but the smile didn't quiet reach her eyes.

"I was wondering if you would be my dance partner for a dance competition. It's in 2 weeks. I think we can pull it off if we work hard enough." he said hopefully.

"No."

Anthony blinked twice. He breathed in a breath and then breathed out.

"What do you mean no?" he said slowly.

She turned and went to make sure the right CD was in the player. Anthony followed her.

"For one, I have classes to teach, a business I made and have to run. Responsibilities, you know those sorts of things. And two, I don't want to be in a dance competition. I have a dance studio." she said not looking Anthony in the eye.

Anthony was stunned. For how well she managed herself with a partner, by herself and with the class he would've thought she was in a lot of competitions weekly. And the business could be taken care of. That was an easy thing to take care of. You close it down for the weekend, and you practice. You can still have classes. HM.. Something was adding up.

"OK." he drawled out and swept out of the dance studio thinking hard and long.

Oh no. My worst fear. I should never had danced with him. But then... oh!!! she thought sadly with a hint of anger.

She stood up straight and with her toe she turned on the music. She got in the middle of the floor and started to count. She danced in circles, in squares. She did steps no one had seen her do before and she made some up as she went. She did plea's and leaps in the air. Shuffle ball changes and kicks in the air. She did the splits and other dance moves.

That is how her dancers saw her as they came in, one by one. They saw their dance instructor blowing off some steam in a dancer's way. A dancer's solution.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry that I can't spell correctly with these french terms. Like plea for example. If someone knows how to spell it could you please message me and tell me! Thanks!
Comments are really appreciated!