Dare to Dance

Chapter 4

"So what's got you in a frizzle of heat miss I am a dancer and dancer's never get in frizzles" Iz's best friend Claire asked later on that day.

"Nothing." Iz muttered and went to her office to call a girls parents for she hadn't been paid yet.

"Somethings up."

"I said it was nothing!" Iz yelled spinning to face her friend. She had never been this violent to anyone in her entire life. Claire took a step back and held up her hands in front of her face.

Iz instantly regretted the move she had made and shrank back.

"I.. I am so sorry Claire." she said. Claire looked at her thoughtfully.

"It's something about you, but it involves another person. It's one of your fears isn't it? And this time you want to face them..." Iz didn't want to hear this. "But you don't know how." Claire finished.

"No... no... that can't... no it can't be it." Iz stuttered and Claire smiled triumphantly.

"So I am right."

"No."

"Ah... "

"Stop! Stop with the awe and the owws and ohs!!! I am being serious. I don't want to partake in a dance competition with Anthony. I don't want to win! I don't want to show the world how good I am!! My mom did it and now look where she's at? In a room at my house! My home! In a room and she's in the stupid bed she's been in for 7years. All because of a stupid accident at a stupid competition." Iz started to cry and sat down heavily on the chair in her office. Claire looked at her with sympathy.

If only her mother hadn't had that accident. She's been scared to carry out her dreams ever since. Ever since her partner had dropped her... on her head. Claire thought.

"I am never gonna leave my dad the way she left him. The way she left all of us. 'Cause she had to follow her dreams. And get her sent to dreamland herself." Iz mumbled with her hands in her head with tears streaming down her face.

Claire just stood there. Who put her in this mood?

"What's going on?"

Claire turned around to find a yummy someone in the doorway looking at Iz concerned and confused.

"And you are?" Claire said giving him the once over and then a glare.

"Anthony."