Status: Completed :)

Believe in Me

Ten.

“Hi…” I said awkwardly, shaking his sister’s hand. God only knows how much I wanted to run out of his condo and never look back. “You can put your shirt on, if you want. Come out here and join us.” Jackie told me. I closed the door and threw on my tank top. Sighing, I walked out into the hallway. Please let this go well.

“So why are you here all of a sudden? Thanks for the warning.” I heard Patrick tell his sister as I walked down the hall toward the kitchen. The two of them were sitting across from each other at the dinner table. Jackie chuckled, taking a sip of water. “I wanted to surprise you. Sorry to interrupt you two…”

I sat down and the conversation grew quiet. I stared at the dark table, avoiding eye contact with the both of them. “So, Pat, you didn’t tell me you had a new girlfriend.” Jackie said, breaking the tension. Patrick took a deep breath, “I was waiting… Lilly and I aren’t really-”

“I’m not his girlfriend.” I blurted out. I felt Patrick’s eyes on my face. “He hasn’t asked me to be.” I said. Jackie chuckled, eyeing her brother. “Well then… it’s been a long night. I’m gonna head to bed. Good night. Nice to meet you, Lilly.” Jackie smiled, shaking my hand once again. She headed to the guest room, leaving Patrick and I at the table. “That was interesting.” I mumbled. He chuckled, running his hand through his hair.

“Come on…let’s go to sleep.” Patrick said bluntly, and led me to his bedroom.
______________________________________________

“What are your plans for today?” I asked, walking into the kitchen. Patrick poured us both some coffee, and we sat to drink it. Jackie wasn’t awake yet, so it was nice to be alone before she woke. “I have practice soon.” Patrick said, checking his watch. “There’s a charity event I have to go to later. The whole team is going, it’s a dinner and some auction or somethin’. Wanna go?”

“Sure.” I shrugged. I felt nervous about going to a public event with Patrick. What would he introduce me as? I started to think twice about going. Maybe I'll lie and say I'm sick, I thought. Patrick quickly finished his breakfast, and went to his bedroom to get ready. I sat there by myself for a few minutes, just staring at the table.

“You okay?” I heard. I looked up to see Jackie walking toward me. She looked exhausted. I nodded, “Yeah I’m fine.” I told her. She looked like she didn’t believe me, but she sat down anyway. “What are you doing today?” She asked me, opening a Granola bar that Patrick left on the table.

“I have to go home, do a few things, then I’m going to a charity event with your brother later. Are you coming?” I asked her. She got up, and walked to the fridge. I was beginning to think she was ignoring me. “Yeah, I’m coming. I have to go to the airport before, though. Wanna come?” She asked me, pouring herself a glass of milk.

“Airport? Why?” I asked. She spit out the milk as soon as she took a sip. “Gross! This milk is old! Don’t you guys grocery shop?!” She shrieked. I tried not to laugh. Her face was priceless. “I don’t live here…that’s all Patrick.”

“What’s all me?” Patrick asked, walking into the kitchen. He set down his bags and walked to Jackie, grabbing the milk carton. “Damn. 2 weeks old. Sorry Jack, I don’t really grocery shop.” He laughed.

“So who said something about an airport?” Patrick asked, sitting down next to me. His sister walked to the living room and plopped down on the couch. “I’m going later.” She said, turning on the TV. “Everyone’s coming to visit!”

“What? Erica and Jess got off work?” Patrick asked, standing up. I could see Jackie nod her head. “Well then,” Patrick said, leaning down toward my face. “Looks like you get to meet my family tonight.” He smiled, and kissed my lips. I smiled slightly, trying to hide my nerves. A million feelings were buzzing around inside me. I felt nauseous. This was all happening too fast. Patrick and I aren’t even official, yet he’s letting me meet his family?
______________________________________

“You look beautiful!” Rachel gushed. We were in the restroom, checking ourselves once more before heading into the event. I wore a blood red dress that was short in the front and low in the back. Rachel told me to pair it with Gold, so I chose some gold earrings and a cuff, paired with Gold pumps. “Patrick’s family is here. I haven’t met them.” I admitted. Rachel could tell I was nervous, so she grabbed my hand.

“They’re great people. If it makes you feel any better, this event is more awkward for me. Jon’s family is here as well. I haven’t seen them since the break-up…I don’t even know how to act.” Rachel told me. I put my arm through hers and sighed. “We’re in this together.” I told her, and we walked out.

I sat at a table with all of the other Ice Girls, drinking water and Lemonade. Guests were still arriving, and it was 30 minutes until the event started.

“Oh god.” Rachel cried. “There’s Jon and his family.” She said, chugging a glass of water. “Do they have any damn alcohol in this place? I need a drink.”

I chuckled, rolling my eyes. “You’re fine. Don’t make eye contact. If you do, then smile. It was a peaceful break-up, right?” I asked her. Her eyes dropped. “I guess.”

“Okay, whatever. I’m going to distract you. Let’s make a conversation.” I said. She stiffened, “Hurry. They’re coming this way.”

“Wow, so did you hear about Justin Bieber!?” I asked her. The two of us tried not to burst out in laughter. “Yeah! I feel bad for the kid. I think he’s headed for a meltdown. It’s a shame. He’s so talented.” Rachel told me. I could see Jonathan and his family pass by us, and Rachel relaxed a little. “Phew, that was a close one.”

“Come with me.” I heard, as hands gripped my shoulder. I almost had a heart attack, which scared me so much. I knew it was Patrick, and I knew he was about to introduce me to his family. I took a deep breath, looking at Rachel. She smiled, sending me a message through her eyes. Don't be nervous, you got this.

I stood up, and Patrick grabbed my hand. “Don’t be nervous. They’re going to love you.” He whispered in my ear, squeezing my hand. He led me to the table, where I could see Jackie sitting next to a blonde.

“Mom, Dad, Jess, Erica, this is Lilly.” Patrick smiled, pushing me toward them. I shook his father’s hand first, then his mother and sisters. “I’m Erica, and this is Jessica.” The blonde smiled. His mother stood up and gave me a hug. “Patrick has told us a lot about you. You’re so beautiful!” She told me. I felt my cheeks heat up. “Will you be sitting with us?” Patrick’s father asked me. I looked to Patrick, and he stepped in. “Yeah, she will. She works for the Hawks, so she should be sitting with the other girls but I snagged her for tonight.” He winked.

The event began and I sat in-between Patrick and his sister, Erica. Dinner began, and we were served Steak and Potatoes. Patrick ate his like an animal, and I couldn’t help but laugh. The steak was amazing, and if I were at home, I’d probably eat it the same way Patrick did.

“So do you go to school?” Jessica asked. I took a quick sip of water, “No. Not yet. I planned on taking the semester off to get settled in here. I moved to Chicago from California, so this definitely is taking some getting used to. I plan to start school in the fall.” I told his family. His father nodded, taking in what I was saying. Boy, he's intimidating.

“What do you want to go to school for?” His mother asked. “Film. I want to write movies and make them.” I told her. She smiled, “That’s lovely. You’re more creative than logical, I’m assuming?” She asked.

“Yeah, I always have been. I love film, books, writing, all of that.” I said. Patrick set his hand on my thigh, smiling down at me. I looked over at Rachel, who shot me a flashy smile and a thumbs up. I was about to mouth something to her, when I saw Jonathan and his parents walk up to her.

“Oh my god.” I whispered. “Everything okay?” Patrick mumbled, looking toward Rachel.

“Why are Jon and his parents talking to Rachel?” Patrick asked me, staring at their table. “They used to date, remember? That must be so awkward for Rachel.” I told him. The two of us watched the entire conversation. Rachel stood up, hugging Jonathan’s parents then quickly giving Jonathan a side hug. Awkward.

Everyone finished eating, and it was time to place bids. The guests were able to walk into another room, where items of all sorts were spread onto tables, awaiting bids. Patrick’s family went to go check it out, so he and I walked toward Rachel.

“How’d that go?” I asked, leaning my head in Jonathan’s direction. Rachel sighed. “Actually really well. His parents were perfectly fine, nicer than ever.” She told me. She sounded upset.

“Are you okay?” I asked her, pulling her away from Patrick. I wanted to talk to Rachel privately. Patrick got the hint, and walked to Patrick Sharp and his wife.

“What’s wrong?” I asked Rachel. A tear rolled down her cheek, and she quickly wiped it off. “I don’t know. I’m so emotional right now because of Jon. I’m on my period too, so that doesn’t help.” She told me, more tears flowing. I grabbed her hand and led her into the empty foyer. We sat on a sofa and I handed her some tissues.

“It’s just…I don’t know, Lil. Seeing his family again made me miss him so much. I think I want to give it another shot.” She said innocently. I smiled, wiping her cheek. “Then do it. It’s okay if you need to quit. You know the girls and I will still love you. Do what your heart tells you.” I told her. Rachel smiled, sighing.

“Yeah, you’re right. I think I need to talk to Jon. I’ll probably call him later or something.” Rachel said, standing up. I was glad she vented to me. Rachel’s the closest girlfriend I have in this city. I stood up too and gave her a hug. “You’re such a good friend.” She told me. “I’m so glad you spilled your coffee on me a few weeks ago.”

I laughed. I totally forgot that was how we met. “Talk to Jon later and tell me how things go.” I instructed. We walked back into the event and parted ways.
_______________________________________

“It’s my last day off. I’m heading around the city with my family. Come with me.” Patrick said into the phone. I looked at the clock, 10:43 am. I sighed, rolling over on my bed.

“I can’t today. I have to go to a Cook-Off event with some other Ice Girls. I guess Shaw and Bickell are doing some cook off for charity.” I told him. Patrick groaned into the phone. I felt bad having to miss out on getting to know his family more, but a job is a job. I work for the Blackhawks, my life can’t revolve around Patrick. It can’t and it won’t.

I got off the phone with Patrick, who was bummed I couldn’t see him, and got ready for the Cook-Off. I left by 12, caught a taxi, and arrived at the Mexican restaurant by 12:23. Just in time. I walked in and met up with Rachel, Jade, and another girl, Jill. We stood by the counter where the boys would be making their own burritos. We were ordered to stand there and watch the whole time, but looking pretty while doing so.

“So have you talked to Jonathan?” I said to Rachel. I could see her nod through the corner of my eye. “Annnnd? How’d it go!?”

“It went good.” She told me. We weren’t looking at each other, my eyes were fixed on Bickell’s burrito. It looked pretty damn good. “We’re having dinner tonight then probably going to a club with everyone. You should come.” Rachel said. Patrick didn’t mention anything about a club on the phone, but I figured he didn’t know about it.

The event ended, and we stood there taking pictures with fans. After about 100 old men and little kids took pictures with us, we got the chance to leave. I got home and it was nearly 6. I made myself some Lasagna for dinner, and sat to watch TV and eat it.

I opened my laptop and found 4 missed Skype calls from Taylor. It worried me, so I called back immediately. Seconds later, she answered my video call.

“Where have you been!?” She cried. I could tell she was laying on her bed, putting on makeup.

“I had work! What’s up? Is everything okay?” I asked her. She smiled deviously into the camera. “Sooo…I’m back with David.” She told me. I just about choked on my Lasagna. David was an asshole, and Taylor was far too good for him. “Wait, that’s not all….” She said. I rolled my eyes. I was already angry she was back with the guy, I was now expecting her to tell me she’s engaged or something.

“WE’RE COMING TO VISIT YOU!!” She screamed. A smile formed on my face, but quickly faded when I realized she said “we”.

“You’re bringing David? Really? He knows I fucking hate him. Why are you bringing him!? I don’t wanna see him!” I cried. Taylor rolled her eyes and mocked me with her hands. “He has to come, Lil. He planned the whole trip. We’ll be flying out next week. Staying in the Trump hotel.”

I was beyond excited to see Taylor, just not her dumbass boyfriend. I wish she realized how horrible he was to her. Taylor and I Skyped for hours, and I mean hours. By the time we clicked ‘End Call’, it was nearly 1am. I closed my laptop and walked into my room, getting ready for bed.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. 7 missed calls and 11 missed texts from Rachel. I checked my phone, it was 3:52 am. I checked the texts first.

RACHEL: WHERE R U? COME 2 THE CLUB
RACHEL: SERIOUSLY WHERE R U?
RACHEL: COME ON LILLY! COME HAVE FUN
RACHEL: STOP BEING A GRANDMA. COME TO THE CLUB.
RACHEL: SERIOUSLY LILLY, I HATE YOU.
RACHEL: PATRICKS HERE!

The 6th message caught my eye. Patrick went to a club without telling me? I know I couldn’t get really mad, we aren’t official or anything, but I was starting to get heated. Yeah, he never asked me to be his girlfriend, but I met his family! That pretty much confirms the damn relationship. I rolled my eyes, reading the other messages.

RACHEL: LILLY. GET OVER HERE NOW.
RACHEL: YOU NEED TO CONTROL YOUR MAN. HE’S DRUNK.

The last 3 messages were photos, and I was scared to open them. The first was Patrick standing on a table, holding two bottles of alcohol with his shirt unbuttoned. I saw Andrew Shaw in the background, holding more bottles and laughing.

The second was Patrick with a group of girls, who were all touching his body parts. My face felt hot with rage. Patrick had a wide smile on his face and he looked like a hot mess. The girls all looked like wasted whores, touching Patrick’s chest and thighs. I couldn’t believe those stupid girls.

The third message was taken from a distance. Patrick was with the same girls, but this time his lips were touching one of theirs. At that point, I wanted to throw my phone out the window. I looked at his hands, which were gripped on the girl’s waist. Her hands were around his neck, and they both were very into the kiss. I bit my lip, trying not to cry. I couldn’t help it, and the tears came out. How could I be so stupid to trust him? I looked at the photo once more, then shut off my phone. I couldn’t believe that stupid boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, so here's a long one! Drunk Patrick...not cool. Lol. Comment and Subscribe! I'm hoping to get more than 25 comments before my next update :D
Also...Bruins fans, I'm staring a Tyler Seguin story. Check it out on my page!