Status: Completed :)

Believe in Me

Thirteen.

“I have a surprise for you.” Patrick told me. He’d just gotten home from the road trip, and we were at his apartment sitting on the couch watching TV. I looked at him slightly worried. “A surprise? From you? Should I be scared?” I smiled. He smiled, kissing my cheek. “You’re gonna appreciate this one…I know it. I’m the best.”
He chuckled, pulling out an envelope from his pocket. He wrapped his arm around me as I opened it.

“A plane ticket?” I asked. He nodded, smiling. “To LA. Tomorrow. You quit your job, so you have some spare time off. I’ll be flying with the boys, but there’s your ticket for a different flight. I want you to visit your family and Taylor. Bring them to the game, too.”

I probably looked like an idiot, the grin on my face was so huge. Patrick knew how much I missed everyone back home, and he knew I couldn’t afford to go home. My grin faded when I realized I couldn’t afford to leave. “I…I feel guilty taking this from you. I need to stay in Chicago and find a new job.” I admitted. He rolled his eyes, lifting my cheek with his finger.

“You deserve this. I want you to go. Please, take it.” He said, inches from my lips. I smiled, and pulled his face closer to mine. He pulled me on top of him, hands behind my neck. The feeling of his lips against mine was a feeling I’d missed for a long time. It had only been days, but it felt like years.

We stumbled into his bedroom, and he pushed me down onto his bed. His hands slowly lifted up my shirt, while mine unbuttoned his plaid button-up. His eyes never left mine, a playful smile on his face. This was it. It was happening. He unhooked my bra faster than I expected, and removed the rest of my clothing. I giggled, pulling the blankets over us. Patrick reached out into his drawer, pulling out a condom. Oh god, this is happening.

All I felt was that it felt so right. That was exactly what I wanted to be doing. My body clung against his as he moved back and forth, back and forth. My focus was on him. Nothing else in the world mattered at that moment. The excitement was overwhelming. This was the first time we both had ever made love to each other. We stared into each other’s eyes, and I had never felt so alive.

“You don’t want me to stop?” He murmured, breaking away from me. I shook my head, “You’re crazy.” And pulled him back down. I ran my hands around his body, feeling him all over. His body was just so incredible. He was incredible. I giggled when my hands reached his head, running them through his long hair. He was taking his time with me, not moving too fast, not moving too slowly. He was gentle, touching and rubbing my body like it was a precious prize.

“I love you.” He whispered into my ear. The both of us stopped the moment he said that, and Patrick rolled over on his back. We were done for the night.

“Do…do you want some dinner?” He asked awkwardly, getting off of the bed and putting a new pair of boxers on. I leaned up, using a blanket to cover my breasts. “Sure.” I smiled. He left the bedroom and walked to the kitchen. I got up, throwing on my panties and putting my bra back on. I followed him, and leaned against the wall, watching him throw a frozen Lasagna in the oven. He knew I was there, but he didn’t say a word.

“I love you, too.” I said quietly. His head snapped in my direction. A smile formed on his face and he walked toward me, pulling my waist into a hug.

We stood there for a moment, just holding each other in silence. That was all we needed. Each other. I loved him, I really did. I never thought I would. A guy like him? Professional athlete with a wild past and a big bank account…before meeting him, I would laugh at girls who trusted those type of guys. But something about Patrick drew me in like a magnet. I was attached. I was scared, don’t get me wrong. Scared that it wouldn’t work out. Scared that I’d get hurt. Scared of love.

I let go from the hug first, and sat down at the bar, watching him make me a margarita. He handed me the glass, and stood in the kitchen, just staring at me.

“What?” I giggled. He shook his head, “Nothing. You’re just so beautiful.” He told me. I felt my cheeks heat up. I was blushing. “I don’t deserve you.” I heard him whisper. I looked at him sympathetically, “You didn’t at first. You were an ass, Pat. But that was months ago. Who cares now? We are together and we care for each other. Don’t say ‘You’re too good for me’ because that isn’t true. I want you, despite our differences. All I want is you.” I said to him. I meant every word that came out of my mouth.

“The boys think I’m crazy, I told them I loved you.” He admitted.

“You told them you loved me before you told me?” I joked. He half-smiled, I knew he felt guilty for some reason. “They say it’s too early. They say it’s not true love.”

“Well fuck them, Patrick. So what? It’s early, I know. But we can’t change how we feel about each other. Our relationship is nobody’s business. Tell them to butt out. If they don’t support you, then I guess they aren’t true friends or teammates.” I ranted. The last thing I wanted to hear was about those boys. I loved Patrick. Patrick loved me. Accept it or leave.

“You’re right. Surprisingly, Tazer understands. He said he’s happy for us.” Patrick told me. I smiled. Jonathan was his best friend. I knew he wanted so desperately for him to support us. “It’s cool that you and Rachel are such good friends, too.” He continued. “I think that makes Jon even happier.”

“Yeah. Jon’s a nice guy, I’m glad he’s back with Rachel. They’re like us.” I told him. Patrick chuckled, walking around the kitchen to me and putting his arms around my waist. “No, we’re better.” He smiled, kissing my lips. I grinned.

This boy, he was driving me insane. How could I fall so fast for someone? I asked myself. Deep down, I was beyond worried about it. But at that moment, I couldn’t care less. I was falling for Patrick, and he was there waiting to catch me with open arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short, but Patrick and Lilly finally had sex...lol. I'll probably get some "They're already saying I love you!?!" comments, but whatever. Let me know what you guys think, please!
More feedback, more updates.
Check out TWO Tyler Seguin stories I'll be working on as well. :)