Status: Completed :)

Believe in Me

Two.

“Hello?”
“Hi, um, Rachel? It’s Lilly from the other-“
“Lilly! I’ve been waiting for your call! It’s been 3 days!” Rachel slightly yelled in the phone. I didn’t want to call. I mean, I did, but not for the job. I don’t think I could handle skating around in skanky outfits in front of thousands of people. Hell, I don’t even know how to skate!

“Yeah, sorry. I’ve been busy moving in.” I told Rachel apologetically. “It’s fine.” She sighed. “So, I need you to come to the United Center today at 10.” She said. I glanced at the clock, it was 8:53. I bit my lip, unsure if I should decline or not.
“Fine…what for?”

“Your audition. Dress nice, but not too nice…maybe a coat, leggings, and some boots or something? I don’t know, but I’ve gotta go. Get here at 10 and I’ll meet you at the main entrance.” She instructed, and then quickly hung up the phone. I sighed as butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I don’t want to do this, but I need to.

I showered quickly and created loose curls with my hair. I took Rachel’s outfit advice; dressing up in a red blouse, black leggings, black knee-high boots and a white peacoat. I applied a little bit of eye makeup, to bring out my hazel eyes. By the time I was finished getting ready, it was time to leave.

I caught a cab and instructed him to drive me to the United Center. Minutes passed as we drove through the city, and I could suddenly see the arena come into view. I took deep breaths, trying not to freak out. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. This had to be a mistake. The cab stopped in front of the entrance, and I quickly paid my fee and entered the building. I stood there alone awkwardly, until I saw Rachel walking toward me.

“Lilly! You look so cute! Okay, come with me” She instructed, grabbing my hand and leading me through different doors and hallways. We walked past many different people, and they all greeted us with a smile. I’m not sure if they were greeting me AND Rachel, or just Rachel. She led me into a room that had just one table filled with about 12 different office chairs in it.

“Go ahead and sit.” Rachel told me. “My boss, Kate, will be coming in to interview you right now. Don’t be nervous. She isn’t a bitch.”
I smiled nervously. This all seemed so natural to Rachel, like she’d forgotten the fact that we barely knew each other. She sat there typing on her iPhone as I sat there silently. This seemed to be getting worse as minutes passed.

The door opened, and in walked a tall Blonde dressed in a “Chicago Blackhawks” V-neck and jeans. “Hi, I’m Kate. You must be Lilly.” The blonde said, shaking my hand and sitting across from me. “So, do you have any experience preforming in front of people?”

“Yeah, I do actually.” I began. “I’ve done dance my whole life, so I would perform at competitions and such.” I told her. This was true, I could perform a routine in front of about 150 people like it was nothing, but the idea of doing things in front of thousands was what scared me.

“Can you ice skate?” Kate asked. I sighed. “Um, no.” I told her. Kate bit her lip, staring at me. “Would you be willing to learn?” She asked me. I smiled and nodded. How hard could ice skating be?
“She could always just walk around like Hannah and Bree.” Rachel suggested, moving closer toward Kate. “She’s perfect for the crew, right?”

“You are.” Kate said to me. I swallowed, did this mean I was hired? How ironic. An ICE girl for an ICE hockey team that can’t even ICE skate. I’m actually embarrassed.

“You’re hired.” My curiosity was cured. “So, Lilly, first we’ll start you off working the floor. During all home games, you’re required to walk around greeting fans, taking photos with them and all of that good stuff. You might have to shoot off shirts sometimes, but usually skaters do that.” Kate told me. The fact that I didn’t have to skate or preform in front of anyone made me kind of excited to start this job.

“You start tonight.” She instructed. I was taken by surprise. Tonight? Already? Shit. Kate rose from her seat, and Rachel and I followed. “Come with me to the locker room, we’ll get you your outfits and you can meet some of the other girls.” Kate said to me. She lead us down more hallways and into a locker room filled with girls that looked to be my age.

“Ladies!” Kate called out. “Welcome our newest sister, Lilly.” She smiled. I smiled to the girls as a few walked toward me. Immediately, I was grabbed into hugs by the girls.

“I’m Hannah! Welcome to the crew.” This red-head greeted. Kate grabbed Hannah’s shoulder, smiling. “Hannah, Lilly’s gonna be working the floor with you. She can’t skate…yet.” Kate winked. Kate handed me a black duffle bag that had the Blackhawks’ logo on the side. She opened it up and pulled out shirts and hoodies.

“You ALWAYS have to rep your team.” Kate said. “Even when you’re not working. If you’re going shopping, wear a shirt. Going for a jog, wear the hoodie. Be sure to always rep the Hawks…except for when you go clubbing or something, then that’s all you.” I giggled, taking a look at the clothing. Thank God the logo wasn’t ugly. Kate left the locker room, agreeing that she would meet up with me later. I joined the group of a few girls sitting, instantly greeted with smiles.

“Hi! I’m Jade. Are you new to Chicago?” This black haired, model looking girl asked. I nodded, “I just moved here from LA.” I told them. I sat there for a while, talking with the girls. I learned a lot about them, and they all seemed to be single like me. It was a surprise; they all were just so pretty. I figured they were dating one of the players or something.

“Come with me. I’m gonna show you around.” Jade told me, grabbing my arm. She led me through different rooms and into the stands. The hockey team was out on the ice practicing, so the two of us sat and watched.

“Do you think any of them are cute?” Jade asked me, leaning toward my face. “Uh, no, actually. I don’t really know about these guys. I’m a Kings fan. I just know Captain Serious and some Kaner guy.” I told her. Jade looked at me and laughed. “You’re so cute. You’re like an alien who just came to Earth.” She told me. Am I really that lost in this city?

“Him over there, that’s Jonathan Toews, the captain.” Jade told me, pointing to a guy getting ready to shoot the puck. “That guy behind him is Patrick Kane. Everyone calls him Kaner though. He’s…well, you’ll see. The goalie is Corey Crawford. Okay, see the guy who just hit Toews’ back?” Jade asked. I nodded, following her lead.

“That’s Patrick Sharp. Cool guy. You’ll see his wife around, she’s super nice. We love her, and they have the cutest daughter. Behind Sharpie is Andrew Shaw. He’s totally cool. We hang with him often. Those are a few of the guys; I’ll introduce you to more of them later.” Jade told me. I nodded, glancing around the rink.

The “Morning Skate” ended, so the guys left the ice. Jade and I headed back to the locker room so I could grab my things and head home before the game tonight. We walked through the hallway and ran into oncoming players. The three players stopped, letting Jade and I walk through them.

“Thanks guys.” Jade said. “Hey! Meet Lilly, she’s new to the crew.” She told the guys. I smiled, shaking their hands.
“I’m Jonathan Toews. Welcome to the Blackhawks.” This brunette guy greeted me. He slightly smiled. He was obviously the one everyone called “Captain Serious”, I could tell just by how he met people. Maybe it was just how he is or maybe it was because it was a game day. Jonathan quickly continued down the hall, leaving Jade and I with the two players.

“I’m Andrew Shaw, and this is Kaner.” One of them told me. I smiled at both. “Nice to meet you.”
“So are you an ice girl?” The blonde guy, “Kaner”, asked. I nodded. He shook his head. The conversation was beginning to get awkward. A few more words were exchanged between us, then we headed separate ways. I looked behind me, taking one more glance at them. I quickly turned my head after making eye contact with Patrick Kane.
____________________________________

“New girls kinda hot, huh?” Patrick asked Andrew as they walked down the hall. Andrew rolled his eyes. Typical Kaner.

“I thought you’re into blondes?” He asked him. Patrick smirked. “I’m into anything that’s hot.”

“I highly doubt she’ll go after you, dude. Usually girls are all over your dick the moment they meet you. Did you see how she looked? She wanted to get the hell away from us.” Andrew laughed. He did have a point, Patrick thought. Girls would do anything for him. He’s PATRICK KANE, for God’s sake. He could get any girl in Chicago.

The two guys walked into the locker room and began to change.
“Aye, Tazer, you gonna nap or what?” Patrick asked. Jonathan looked up as he untied his skates. “Yeah, for a little bit. Why? What’re you gonna do?” He asked his friend. Patrick licked his lips, devising a plan.

“I’m gonna go talk to the new Ice Girl.”
“Dude, I’m willing to bet 2 grand that she won’t fuck you.” Andrew interrupted. “I can already tell. She’s not into you.”
“Yeah, Kaner. Don’t be so quick to get in her pants. Take it easy.” Jonathan advised.

“You guys are fuckin’ idiots. I bet I can get her under my wing by tonight. After the game, we’re heading to my place. Watch and learn boys… Kaner's back in action.” Patrick winked, already thinking about the night ahead of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment your thoughts please :)
& subscribe!