Status: Completed :)

Believe in Me

Twenty Six.

“Patrick, what are you doing he-”

“Did you ever love me?”

“It’s 3 in the morning. You should go home.” I told him, wiping my eyes. Patrick stood at my door in pajamas and sandals. His hair looked like he just jumped out of bed, so it surprised me he didn’t take the time to put a hat on.

“You never loved me?” He asked, his voice cracking. I sighed, I'm too tired to deal with this.

“I did, Pat. You broke up with me, why are you doing this? You wanted to end it.”

His fist clenched with rage and he looked as if he could cry. He looked at the floor, “You think I meant it?”

I opened the door, motioning for him to come in. He did and we walked to my dinner table. “It sure sounded like it. Why did we break up, huh? Why’d you choose to end it?”

“I was angry. I make dumb decisions when I’m angry. You know that.” He sighed. “C’mon Lilly, you really wanna break up?”

“It’s hard dating you.” I admitted. He laughed once, rolling his eyes. I didn’t let him respond. “Every single time we go out, someone stops us. I can’t have a private relationship with you. I can’t be Lilly Palmer, I have to be ‘Patrick Kane’s girlfriend’ and it sucks.”

“That’s a bullshit excuse and you know it.” He shot back, his mouth tense. “We dated for months and you never had a problem with it. You’re nice to the fans. You even told me you didn’t mind them. You’re looking for a way out now.”

“I never said anything because I didn’t want to hurt you!” I cried. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I felt nauseous. “This whole relationship revolves around you and your career!”

“THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD’VE THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT DATING ME, HUH?” He yelled. His face was furious and his cheeks were red. I couldn’t look at him, so I stared at the floor crying.

“If you want to date Adam then fine, but don’t make some bullshit excuse to get out of the relationship.” He told me quietly. “I love you and you know that. I’m here, in your apartment, in my fucking pajamas without a hat, begging for you to take me back. If you don’t want to try again, then say so.”

My mind was running in circles. I felt like I was in another world. Adam was in the back of my mind. I could picture him laughing, running his thumb across my cheek. Then there was Patrick, the guy whom I have so many memories with.

“I think we should see other people.” I whispered. His eyes were red and he was biting his lip. He stood up from the table, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a necklace and dropped it in front of me, then headed out the door. I grabbed the silver necklace, looking at the heart charm. My own heart dropped when I read the engraving, Patrick&Lilly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shortest chapter ever...I'm hoping to upload 27 tonight or tomorrow morning. How do you feel about Lilly's decision? Do you feel bad for Pat? I do, and I'm the one writing the darn story :P
Share your thoughts!