Sleepwalking

Chapter 1 Mouth to Mouth Covered in Blood

LA, ton’s of things to see, ton’s of things to do. It’s always an adventure, especially with me. I lived with my older brother. My dad was in jail for rape, and some type of murder but I don’t care, I didn't like him anyway. My mom is in Europe doing something but my brother Andy and I are unsure of. We don’t need them anyway, were good with just each other. Andy is seven years older than me, 21. We live in LA, and we moved here from Ohio for Andy to get a good career in music, and he got one. He sang in a really big band. I’m kind of a loner, and it doesn't bother me. Sometimes I sit and think about what it would be like having friends, and then sometimes I think I’m helping myself by not having friends...they seem like a lot of work. LA is like my playground, there is always something going on, or someone different, or something interesting to see. I hate being outside, but I love it just as much. I’m what they call a punk, or emo varying with the person. Let’s see, I’m five foot, 92 pounds, have long black hair, a few covered tattoos, gauges, and always in black. I sort of try to blend in, which is kind of easy. I’m always writing, or taking pictures or singing. I’m always at rallies, or walks, or in a flash mob. I may not look touch but I've been in my share of fights with my share of black eyes, and I wasn't easy to scare.
Today, I was walking back through the park on my way to my brothers studio after a flash mob. I was walking and looking around as the wind blew. I was taking pictures and observing, trying to come up with something to write. I had my headphones in to Bring me the Horizon when I heard loud screaming. I took my headphones out and still heard it. I put my phone and headphones in my bag and sat it on the bench, I left my camera there to. I looked around and saw a kid being hit, he was bleeding from mouth. Shit, I thought. There was an older lady sitting on the bench and was watching knowing she couldn't do anything. “Can you watch this?” I asked. She shook her head. I ran over to the three guys and shoved the one away making him trip over a rock and fall. “Stop it” I yelled. “What are you 12?” the one kid said. “Come on, I’m not playing” I yelled trying not to start anything. I realized I knew the one kid from a mob I was in, I knew his sister she was in my class, she was a huge slut that no one liked. “No, you his sister or something?” “No, but I’d watch yous if you don’t leave him alone” I said. “Yeah, right” he said. They kept hitting the boy and left me no choice. I ran over and punched the one pushing him into the pond. The boy throwing the punches look but didn't seem to care about his partner. “Come on you want to fight let’s go” I yelled. He let the boy fall and walked over to me, “Come on bitch” he mumbles. I threw a punch and hit his eyes, he fall and I got on top of him and threw punches. Park security came over and pulled me off of him, “What’s going on kids?” “He was hurting this boy” I said. “Let’s get going no one’s in trouble” the cop said. Both boys got up and left but the boy who was being hit wasn't breathing and still coughing blood up, that was until he fall and passe out. I couldn't just leave him hear. I walked over and got on top of him and I still felt a pulse, but it wasn't fast. I moaned and rolled my eyes and placed my lips on his and started to get air flowing through him. He started to cough and his eyes opened. I felt relief. “Who are you?” he asked. There was still blood all over his face and clothes. “Icy” I said. “Hi, Icy....I’m Devin “ he said. “You ok?” “Yeah, did you know them?” “Yeah, he gave my brother shit before and his sister is in my class at school” I explained. “What school?” “LA high” I said. “That’s where I go...why haven’t I seen you before?” “I try to blend in” I said getting off of him and helping him to his feet. “Thanks” he said looking at me. His eyes were so cute and the way his black bangs fell over them was perfect. “You got my blood on you” he said smirking and blushing. “It’s ok, I've had worse” “I can’t go home looking like this, my mom will think something is definitely up” he said. “You want to come to my place? You can borrow some stuff and get cleaned up” I said as we got to the bench. The old lady was still sitting there in some shock. “You go girl” she said. I laughed and felt good as I took my bag and camera. “You don’t mind?” “Not at all” I said. I took a picture of him and I together covered in blood and he laughed. “So why can’t you look like this going home?” “I get beat up a lot, people call me emo, fag, goth, garbage, drag, gay so many things....I get a lot of shit” he said. “Yeah, I used to to, it’s call self defense and blending in” I said as we both laughed. I didn't know there was someone else out there like me. That was different, and judged. Devin made me feel right, made me feel good like myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cried writing when Devin was getting hurt. I felt so bad.