Status: In Progress

Nine Lives

Chapter One: A New Start

I packed my bags from Attack Attack!'s studio. I was leaving the band to start a new one. A fresh start and especially with my wife, Gielle who had supported me with this choice. We were in love, like most nearly weds and I knew she was the one. The time came to close the studio doors around me. The guys looked at me, with frowns and shook their heads. They thought I was probably pathetic to be leaving them but I wanted to follow my heart.
Walking out, I looked behind me and everything I've done within the last year or so. As much as I want to keep staying with the guys, I just wanted to make and start a new band. It's been my dream; not to join it and not have any nonsense fun. I rubbed my buzzed hair and threw my bags in the car and drove out. Good bye memories and good bye dudes from Attack Attack!.
As I came to my house, within a few minutes, I was greeted by Gielle who ran into my arms, welcoming me with a kiss. "Hey honey." I smiled.
"How was it?" Gielle asked, her eyes shined in the light with her blonde hair complimenting her tan face.
"They were silent and they just shook their heads. All well." I snorted a bit.
"Well as long as you follow your dreams, you can do it and I'll be there by your side, Austin." Gielle smiled. I grabbed my bags and we walked into our house, also being greeted by our dogs and kitten.
I settled myself and started my road to a new band. This is going to be so difficult. I ploppd myself on the couch and Gielle was making brownies. Damn, my stomach is rumbling. I opened my laptop, searching, searching, searching for a good start in my new music career. Hm, what's this? Rise Records...
I clicked the contant link and found out their email and number. I jotted the number and email down and got excited. I think I found my record deal. I filled in my information online and submitted my recent music affairs with other bands and my screaming and even singing. I was happy finally. I think this is my chance to be someone this time.
"Brownies are ready, babe." Gielle called from the kitchen. I ran into the kitchen like a child. "Man you're hungry, aren't you, Austin?" She laughed.
"Definitely." I smiled at her and she mirrored my smile.
"So did you find anything that could help you?" My wife asked.
"Yeah, I found this record deal, Rise Records, they seem legit." I got all excited again.
"That's great honey! I hope you make it into their deal" Gielle has always supported me and she rubbed my buzzed hair playfully.
"I hope so too. I really need this." I stuffed my face with her infamous brownies.
"I can see your excited, I'm so happy for you." Gielle smiled, eating her own brownie.
"So excited, that I hope this works out and I can find the right band." I drank a glass of milk and kept eating Gielle's delicious bakery.
"I know it will. I really hope you can do what you love rather than what you hate." Gielle always had beautiful advice and this is why I love her. She was so beautiful. She was the stars to my moon and I was the stem to her flower. Always supporting her in every way possible.
We sat in conversation and went along with the harsh day that hoped to give me new hopes. I truely feel that I will find this band and make it big one day. It's only 2009 and I have plenty of time to figure out what type of band members I need for my new coming band. Talented, supportive, brother-like and a band who can write amazing lyrics.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized, that while I posted the current chapters on Tumblr, they happen to have a small wrong interpretation of the band's early years. I apologize because my history of Of Mice & Men is off. But I hope you enjoy this. It's in Austin's POV. ~Belle