Status: In Progress

Nine Lives

Chapter Two: Accepted

Weeks went by since I submitted my golden ticket to get into Rise Records. I gave them my demos, my previous band's songs with my screams and everything. I started to get worried about my application to get into Rise Records and meet the managers and producers who run it. Man, this is nerve breaking and I hope they didn't decline me.
"Austin, honey, are you okay?" Gielle walked in, seeing how nervous I was getting.
"I'm fine Gielle, I'm just nervous they probably didn't give a shit about my application." I sighed.
"Now, Austin, you were so excited, don't give up baby boo." Gielle sat down next to me, cuddling into me and checking her phone like most people do. "My father says hi by the way and asks when we're going to spend some time, just us three." She looked up at me.
"I'll be glad to spend time with your father and especially you, babe." I smiled.
"Yay, I'll go tell him later on today."
Ding.
I heard my mail go off. I wasn't joking when I say I never keep my eye off the mail lately. I checked it and HOLY SHIT! IT WAS FROM RISE RECORDS. "Holy shit! Rise Records replied to my submission!" I jumped on the couch, almost in tears.
"Let's read it!" Gielle said with such enthusiam.
Dear Austin Carlile,
We listened to your previous tracks you've made with the band, Attack Attack!. We also know that you were in previous bands, scream, sing and have performed in front of crowds/gigs. We would like you to come down to our home studio and talk to you about your musical talents. Congrats. We'll love to meet you first thing this coming Monday at 9:30.
Keep in touch,
Rise Records
My eyes nearly shedded tears. I was so happy, I finally got a chance to meet the people who could help me along my journey. "I'm shaking." I showed my wife how shakey my hands were.
"Aw, boo this is great! You did it!" Gielle smiled, kissing my cheek.
"I hope I impress them..."
Monday quickly came, after my weekend of preparing to go and meet Rise Records. Boy, this will be great. I'm so nervous and I hope to do my best to get me into the record deal. I put on a pair of black jeans, tank top that exposed my half finished tattoos and a flannel. Grabbing my keys, Gielle accompanied me so I wasn't so nervous; which made me feel better to know my wife is supporting me. We both walked out and got into our car. My stomach's twisting...
As we were minutes away, Gielle placed her hand on mine, comforting me. "Babe, you'll do alright, I'll be right here, every second." She smiled.
We drove in and I felt better knowing Gielle's words soothed me. I stepped out and we met at the front, holding hands, as we walked in. We went up to the assistant, telling him we were expecting a meeting at 9:30. He went to the back then came back, saying to wait just a few minutes. We sat down and waited; my leg's shaking and I've never been this overwhelmed and nervous in my life.
"Calm down sweetie." Gielle calmed my storm down.
"Austin Carlile?" a man walked through the door. Looked like a producer or the manager, "I'm the manager's assistant. Followe me." I was close. We followed.
"Sir, Carlile is here." the boy knocked.
"Come in, Austin." so we did, sitting down. "Who is this lovely lady?"
"My wife." I said proudly, backing him off.
"Nice to meet you both." We all shook hands. "Now to discuss your matter. You seem to be looking for a band?"
"Yes, I will search far and deep to find about four other guys to the job." I crossed my legs.
"It's difficult finding musicians, you know what right?" His eyes looked down at the application. I gulped.
"Yes, I know but I'm going to search for the right guys to make this band what I want and what you want and possibly what the viewers will want to hear." I placed my hands in my lap.
"Here's the thing, if you can't find anyone within the next year, the perfect line up of men and musicians: guitarists, bassist and drummer, possibly a pianist then we got a deal. We will make a demo and release it before the year ends." He smiled.
"So that means, I'm in?"
"This is a test and you pass or fail." He nodded.
"Thank you so much." I smiled from ear to ear and Gielle smiled in my happiness.
"Search for your guys, you have till late 2009 to the begininng of 2010 at most." He shooed us away.
"Thank you so much!" I walked out with Gielle who hugged me so tightly.
"We did it babe." She whispered.
"I can't believe it." I was so out of breath.
Finally, my dreams will follow my way this time. It's time to start looking for some people. Especially in this part of California; it'll be so difficult to find a person with such pure talent. But I had to or else I won't make it, into the record deal.
♠ ♠ ♠
More chapters coming in soon! Previously posted them on Tumblr. So I'll go and post them!