Status: In Progress

Nine Lives

Chapter Four: Shayley Dayshell Bourget

I saw a car drive in our drive way, it must be Shayley. I stood up, walking towards the door when I heard the newly band member knocking. I opened the door to greet a young man, who looked pretty shy but saw his guitars in his hands, "You must be Shayley. I'm Austin." I smiled, leading him inside.
"Austin, do we need more food then?" Gielle looked from the kitchen counter.
"Just one more, sorry honey, I'll treat you to dinner tonight for your hard work." I kissed her on the forehead and went back to the living room.
"'Sup Shayley." Alan shook hands with the new guitarist.
"Hey Alan, long time no see!" Shay smiled.
"So I think you've already met our frontman." Alan looked at me.
"Yeah, so you're Austin right?" He asked.
"Yep, I'm your man." I sat down, drinking a cup of water.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Shayley Bourget." Shay smiled, sitting next to Alan.
"Tell me about yourself dude." I began our conversation.
"Well I actually played with Alan before, but they were just small gigs and performances featuring either one of us. I play guitar and bass; I learned bass on my own since I knew how to play guitar before hand." He explained his previous musical skills.
"I see, so how long have you've been playing?" I asked.
"Um, when I was about twelve or eleven." He pointed out.
"Sweet, so you two know how to play together then?" I asked.
"Pretty much. We've played Alan's stuff and he's played mine." Shay grinned.
"Mind playing something?" I asked kindly.
"Sure." Shay grabbed his case, opening it and taking out his guitar. He tuned it first and found his drop. He began playing some classic rock music and it was a combination of some songs. I looked at how he played and he played so calmly and passionately. Then he stopped. "What did you think?"
"You play great dude, I see the passion you have." I smiled. "You're in."
"Thanks man." Shay placed his guitar in his case.
"We just need a bassist and a drummer." I scratched my head.
"We'll check out some people later today." Alan smiled.
"Time to eat boys." Gielle was finished cooking.
We all walked into the kitchen to find my wife who cooked a mix of hot dogs, burgers and a salad. We saw some of her infamous brownies for desert. "Don't mess up my kitchen." She grinned. We all sat down in our four-way table.
"Looks great, honey." I smiled, grabbing food.
"Austin's lucky to have you to cook for him." Alan teased.
"Brownies look good." Shay drooled over them.
"Brownies for later. I always tell Austin that." She giggled.
We all dug into our food. Eat our indoor barbeque lunch. We all held conversations and the main one was about the band. I still had to make our third vlog but we needed our band, our full band.
"So..." Alan wiped his mouth, "Name of our new band?"
"That's the thing, I'm still thinking about that." I sighed.
"We'll think about that later when we get our other two lucky dudes." Shay reassured us.
After our lunch, we had Gielle's brownies and we ate no more than three. We saved some for the road and Gielle got up, cleaning up. I helped her and the guys walked out putting their gear in their cars. We all gathered up together and looked for new gigs on the internet which was difficult. My phone rang.
"Hello?" I asked. "Oh hey man..." It was the big boss. "Yeah, I'm fine... I actually found two great musicians for the new band, Alan and Shayley... They play guitar... Shay plays bass too. Yes they're experienced musicians... They played together in a few gigs... Yep sounds good, we'll meet you tomorrow... Same time? Alright, sounds good!" I hung up.
"Who was that?" Alan asked.
"President of Rise Records." I cleared my throat. "He wants to meet us at 9:30 sharp tomorrow so he can meet you guys."
"Sweet!" Alan jumped.
"That's great man, I can't wait to meet him." Shay said gracefully.
"We'll look for a name soon, don't worry." I smiled.
"Well, since we have enough time, we should go look for our bassist or drummer." Alan suggested.
"Well said. Let's go." I kissed my wife goodbye.
"See you boys later, stay safe!" Gielle called out.
"Sure will babe, we'll be back hopefully by five!" It was now almost 2 o'clock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Working on Five and more chapters!