Status: Complete!

I'm Not The Same Boy You Knew Back Then

Chapter 12

~ 6 Months Later ~

"Jack! Where did you put the pop tarts? I swear to god if you've eaten them all I'll break that giant nose of yours!" Childish giggling could be heard around the corner, and Alex crossed his arms in annoyance. "Jack," he whined, dragging out the 'a' sound.

A mop of black hair with blond flashes popped into the kitchen, bobbing up and down as the owner laughed. Jack jumped up onto the island counter in the middle of the kitchen, and swung his legs back and forth. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. You'll just never kno-." Before he could finish his sentence, Alex had pounced on him, sealing their lips together in a passionate kiss. It was slowly becoming Alex's favourite way to shut his boyfriend up. He cupped Jack's face in his hands, Jack holding him close as their tongues fleeted in and out of each other's mouth.

Alex pulled away, but only so their noses were just touching. "Now, listen here, Jack. Tell me what you've done with the pop tarts."

Jack smirked. "Wow, Alex, I had no idea pop tarts were so important to you."

Alex's eyes narrowed into slits. "Jack," he growled, Jack revelling in the sound.

"Maybe I should buy you pop tarts for your birthday, like twenty boxes of the smores flavour because I know they're your favourite. And anyway, why are you targeting me? It could have been Zack, or Matt?"

Alex huffed out a laugh. "You know Zack wouldn't touch something with that many calories with a ten foot pole."

Jack grinned, closing the gap between them once more, hands tight around Alex's hips to keep him in place, legs either side of his lover. It had been 3 months since Jack had officially been able to call Alex his boyfriend. They started going out on dates not long after he'd moved in, and the closeness they'd once shared but forgotten had been kickstarted. They'd been reminded that the bond between them was too strong to ever give up on, so they just let it carry them along. Jack didn't mind - he couldn't imagine his life now without Alex, his everything. He was in love, and had been from the moment he'd set eyes on the other man - he just hadn't realised it until recently. His biggest regret in life was leaving Alex by himself all those years ago. Of course, he had to deal with all of the issues from his past hanging over his head like a raincloud, but he'd missed out on years of being with Alex. He was not however trying to focus on the future - a future he knew he wanted to spend with Alex, forever and always.

"Guys, your room is literally five metres away. I do not want you getting it on in the kitchen, thank-you very much. Have some sense of hygiene."

Jack and Alex broke apart, lips shiny and swollen, a faint blush painting Alex's cheeks, but Jack just laughed. "Whatever, Zack. Just 'cause Matt isn't giving you any, it doesn't mean you're allowed to ruin the lives of everyone else around you."

Zack's face went red, but with anger and not embarrassment.

"Um, Jack, I don't think that was the best thing to say right now," Alex whispered, eyes wide, but he was smiling.

Zack just scowled at the pair. "Just get out of the kitchen," he seethed. Alex helped Jack jump down from the counter, and they sheepishly made their way towards the door. Zack, however, grabbed Jack's arm, holding him where he stood. "And for your information, Matt isn't 'not giving me any', okay? He just suggested that if we didn't have sex for a while, it would improve our relationship because it wouldn't be based as much on the physical aspect."

Jack sniggered. "Yeah, sure. Whatever you want to tell yourself so your body doesn't go into shock over not having a cock in your ass for the past week." With that, Jack tugged himself out of Zack's death grip, and snatched Alex's hand, pulling him quickly towards the bedroom. He slammed the door shut when they were both inside, and they both let out the laughter they'd been holding in.

Alex quietened down and looked at his boyfriend with a small smile. "Jack, you really shouldn't be so hard on him. I-I think it's cute, what they're doing, y'know?" He stuttered out, lowering his gaze to the floor and playing with his fingers.

Jack took a large stride towards him, and pulled him into his chest, holding him tightly. "Well, I'd offer to do it with you, but I know for a fact you wouldn't last two days without some Jackhammer action."

Alex giggled into Jack's neck, fingers playing with the hairs at the nape of it. Jack pulled away slightly, and kissed Alex with all the adoration and love he could muster up. He hadn't meant for it to turn so steamy so quickly, but hey, he wasn't complaining. He gently pushed at Alex, who took the hint to move backwards, and as his knees hit the bed Jack climbs on top of him, their lips still locked passionately. Jacks hands were exploring every inch of Alex they could get to - his face, his arms, his torso. And that's when Jack's bladder decides he needs to pee. So reluctantly, Jack breaks apart from Alex, biting his lip at his boyfriend's whine in protest. "Nature calls," he says before running like a gazelle as fast as he can to the bathroom. He's sure he hears Alex mumble 'cock block' in a disgruntled tone as he leaves, but he brushes it off. He finishes up in the bathroom as quickly as he can (he was so frantic to pee and get back to Alex that his aim was shocking and almost went up the wall behind the toilet), and sprints back to the bedroom, ignoring the shouts from Zack telling him to stop running. He leaps into the bedroom with, "now where were we?" But he skids to a halt at the sight before him: Alex curled up in the foetal position, eyes closed, breathing heavy. Jack smiled, because his boyfriend was just too cute sometimes. He wasn't too upset about the plans for sex being thrown out of the window, especially when Alex sighed in his sleep as he rolled over. Jack clambered onto the bed behind him, arms instantly wrapping around Alex's waist. He nuzzled his nose into Alex's neck, and his grin just grew. Happiness is a wonderful thing, and Jack didn't think he could get any more of it than he had at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, this story was meant to be much longer but i have to revise for exams and my ideas for this story have dwindled into nothing, so for people who actually read this i didn't want it to keep going on and being really shit, so this is the end! thank you to anyone who has read this or subscribed etc - you've made me at least want to complete this! i don't know when i'll next write anything but yeah. thanks again guys!