Status: Active, work in progress

Wishing We Could Start Again.

Prologue

One year later

Dear Alex,

It’s been a year since you left the clinic and I last saw you. Well, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days to be exact, but who’s counting right?

Things haven’t really changed much in the past year, the walls are still white, the nurses are still smiling and the patients in my wing are still crazy. I swear, sometimes it’s like time doesn’t exists in here, every day is the same as the one before and you just know tomorrow won’t be very different either. That was until I met you of course. Ever since you left every day feels like an eternity in here.

I miss you, a lot, I wish you were still here with me.

The reason I’m writing you this letter, and I actually got Cindy agreed to mail it to you, is that I have some news I think you should now. My mom and dad are moving me, they don’t think the clinic is suitable for my ‘situation’ anymore. So they are transferring me to a clinic somewhere in South France.

I know you promised you’d wait for me and that you would do anything to get me back, but I can’t keep doing this to you. I know you’re still waiting for me to show up at your doorstep someday, telling you I’m free from my parents and the clinics, but we have to face reality Alex, it’s never going to happen.

That’s why I’m releasing you from you promise. Stop waiting for me, please. I can’t bear the thought of you throwing you’re life away for me. I want you to find a nice girl, have a family with her, a future… all the things I can’t give you.

Please don’t hate me for this Alex. And don’t think it’s because I don’t love you, I’m doing this because I love you. I just want you to be happy and as long as you’re waiting for me you can’t be. Don’t ever try to deny it okay, I know it and, deep in your heart, you know it too.

Don’t come looking for me okay? I don’t want you spending the rest of your life chasing after a fantasy or waiting for something that is never going to happen.

I’m sorry….

I understand it will be difficult for you to accept, especially since this is the first time you heard from me in almost a year. But please try to understand why I’m doing this Alex.

Maybe one day things will be different and we can be in each other’s lives again, but…

I hope…

I love you.

Just forget about me okay, it’s what I deserve.

Love,

Summer


-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex re-read the letter over and over, until the content was forever burned into his brain. He let go of the piece of paper and before it even hit the floor Alex had made his way across the living room. He opened the liquor cabinet, pulling out a bottle of whiskey.

He down half of it before he threw it across the room where it hit the wall and shattered into a dozen pieces. He started at it for a few seconds, completely frozen, but blinking repeatedly, like he only now realized what had happened.

Alex let out a scream, ‘FUCK!’ before sinking down on his knees as his whole world slowly started to crumble and fall apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is, the first chapter of the sequel.
I know a lot of people are going to be upset about this and that this isn't they way they hope this story would begin, but please don't kill me.

I'm still figuring out the plot for this. I've got a few ideas and the basic plot line, but mostly I'm just making it up as I go, so I don't know how fast or slow updates are going to be.

And thank you so much for the comments and subscriptions. It means a lot to me that people like reading me stories <3

Let me know what you think of the chapter and/or what you think is going to happen in the rest of the story :)

Love, Felicia