Neighbours.

Good Friends, Bad Habits.

John called a few days later, 'hey, I know you can play and stuff, wanna come meet some friends' 'anything to get out of this house, take me anywhere but here' he laughed, 'come on, it's not so bad' 'I don't know what good is any more, you have so much space here, I liked my city-' 'where did you live?' 'Norwich-' 'I've played there, the Waterfront' 'before I left, so did I!' he smiled, 'you were in a band?' 'we toured' he smiled, 'what was it called?' 'The Renegades, we split up, our drummer and bassist hated one another' 'you won't find that in my band, they made it' they laughed.

'Guys this is Lucy, my new neighbour, and listening to her former band's EP' 'already?' 'google' she smiled, 'Lucy was pretty good' she smiled, 'thank you very much' 'in England?' one asked, 'yeah, I just moved here' 'got lucky with John next door!' 'I wouldn't know' he smiled, 'we'll see what you can do, after you've seen what we can do' the rest of the band introduced themselves, 'thanks, it's nice to meet you' she sat on the bar, and watched them practice.

Lucy grabbed her guitar, using it as a shield, 'you going to play for us?' 'if you would like, this song kinda reminds me of my sister' he nodded, 'she's in England, coming over after her degree' John smiled, 'It's called Indigo Girl' singing her song for them John just grinned, 'that's awesome' she blushed, 'thank you, it' the first one I thought of' John smiled, 'you miss her?' 'she's my best friend' she smiled weakly, 'that was amazing' 'thanks guys, but I think I have some work to do to catch up with you' they laughed, 'it's all about your own style' 'I agree'.

'While you wait for your sister to come over in May how about we become friends, I'll take you out, maybe dinner-' 'I'm not a dinner type of girl, I prefer watching the stars in cars, with burgers, but if you want to-' he grinned, 'we'll do that then, you little romantic' she laughed, 'well, thank you, that's very sweet!' John smiled, 'you're sweet, and I'm sweet on you, you're gorgeous, and that accent is incredible, I think we need to hang out more' 'I'd like that' heading home.

'Got a date in the first week of being in Arizona, pretty chuffed' she noted in her diary, oh, the boy next door, he was more than she bargained for.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this A lot.