Status: Completed.

Inevitable

Two

Monday, March 19th, 2013.


"Don't you feel a little.. guilty?" Claire pulled her black hair up into a loose high ponytail and sat on Kaitlynn's bed as she got dressed.

"I should," Kaitlynn applied another coat of mascara on her eyelashes. "But I was drunk and it didn't mean anything. Besides, me and Matt aren't in a serious relationship. I'm sure he's already cheated on me too." she chewed on her gum.

"He's letting you meet his teammates, though." Claire told her.

"I'm not nervous." Kaitlynn grabbed her purse and went downstairs. She took a few steps towards the door and put on her brown Uggs. "It's only a few of his friends and we're just hanging out casually at his place."

"Kate." Claire made her pause. "You're my little sister. I don't want you to do anything stupid-- again."

"It was just a one-night stand." she murmured. "I just wanted to have some fun."

"This type of 'fun' could lead to big problems." Claire warned her.

"He's better than Matt." she mumbled.

"It's not all about the sex." Claire said quietly.

"It's not like I'm gonna see him again, anyway." Kate rolled her eyes. "And I don't just mean what happened in his bed. He actually seemed nicer and made me happier." she said. "I don't know, just the way we cuddled after.. it felt good."

Kate frowned once she saw the worried look on her sister's face. "I'll be back, okay?"

Claire nodded and sighed once Kaitlynn closed the door behind her.

Kaitlynn carefully took her phone out of her jean pocket while keeping her eyes on the road ahead of her and looked at who the caller was. "Hey, Matt." she answered.

"Kate!" he smiled. "On your way?"

"Yup, just a couple blocks away." she spoke.

"Okay, see you soon babe." he said before ending the call.

She sighed heavily once she parked her car in his driveway beside the other expensive cars.

***


"Don't be embarrassing, don't go anywhere, don't say anything stupid, don't DO anything stupid, don't make awkward eye-contact," Matt walked from left to right in front of them. Joffrey, James, Nazem and Phil sat closely to each other on the couch, almost squished. Tyler and Dion sat on the other smaller couch and they all listened to Matt give his lecture. "Don't touch her, don't feel her, don't--"

"Is this what house arrest is?" Tyler laughed.

With his elbow on the side pillow of the sofa and his fingers on his cheek, Dion mumbled, "He's worse than Ron Wilson."

They all laughed aloud before Matt yelled, "Can you not!? She's gonna be here any minute now."

Joffrey grinned and added, "Fratts you need to just relax. She's just a girl."

Nazem knew that there are more than plenty of Kaitlynns in the world, but the odds of it being the same girl he slept with, were higher than the scale. After all, she had told him that her boyfriend is a hockey player. Naz didn't want to ask Matt what her last name is because he wanted to avoid possible suspicion. He crossed his fingers and hoped that it wasn't who he thought.

"I'm nervous." Matt bit his fingernails.

Nazem swallowed hard and put his hands on his forehead and rubbed it. He could already feel the stress building as the doorbell rang.

"Okay.. here we go." Matt gulped and walked toward the front door. Everyone stared as it opened wide.

She stood there with a weak smile on her tanned face with her hands clasped together. She made a small up-do with her brown blonde-streaked hair but kept most of it down and wore tight dark jeans with a blue top. Only Nazem knew that it was the same girl from the bar, at that very moment.

"Hey." Matt hugged her. She took a step inside and he closed the door behind her. She looked at the big men sitting on the couches. Her eyes made her way over to Nazem's. Kaitlynn's smile instantly faded once she knew.

They both knew.

"Have a seat." Dion patted the cushion beside him gently.

Once she sat down, she glanced at Nazem again. He stared at her without blinking.

"It's nice to finally meet the girl Matt has been talking about." Joffrey said nicely although Matt sighed since he was already nervous they would embarrass him. Nazem shook his head slowly since no one seemed to remember who she was. It was dark at the bar and they were all drunk, so it made sense, but it still burned him since he couldn't blurt out that he slept with her.

"Awh," she blushed and looked over at Matt who took the empty seat beside her.

"Kaitlynn, that's Joffrey-- or Lupes as we like to call him.. that's Phil the thrill," Matt went in order. "James vanDreamsdyk.. Captain Dion.. Tyler Flowzak-- who we call Bozie.. and nifty-mittens Nazem."

They all smiled kindly and nodded their heads, except for Nazem.

"So tell us something about yourself?" Phil broke the silence.

"Well, um, I'm a 19 year old student at the U of T. I'm in my 2nd year of architecture." she nodded, feeling proud of herself.

"You got yourself a smart one, Fratts." Phil grinned.

Nazem didn't open his mouth once and kept his eyes directly pointed to the rug in the center of the living room.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before.." Tyler said. "Maybe I'm wrong." Tyler furrowed his eyebrows slightly once he slowly seemed to recognize her.

"I.." she began. Just as she was about to say she doesn't think so, her memory flashed. She remembered him looking at her at the bar and pointing. She stared at him and then back at Nazem. She then looked over at the other boys who were looking at her weirdly, as well. "I don't know." she gulped.

Tyler closed his eyes and then opened them, to be greeted by Nazem's glare. Bozie mouthed "Holy shit." at him once she looked the other way.

"Who wants beer?" Nazem stood up.

"A cold one for all of us." Matt requested. He wrapped his arm around Kaitlynn and she gave Nazem an uncomfortable look.

"Okay." he walked quickly into Matt's kitchen and let out a deep breath.

"I'll go help him carry the bottles." she smiled at her boyfriend and got up to go to the kitchen. The boys turned on the TV and looked busy as they watched SportsCentre on TSN.

Nazem leaned in and took a few beer bottles out of the fridge and then saw her looking at him once he stood up. She laid back against the wall by the counter.

"This is not good." he shook his head.

"That's not what you said a couple nights ago." she winked.

"I swear to god.." he threatened.

"Hey, I'm not happy with this either." she looked at him with a more serious face.

"I slept with my best friend's girlfriend." he put his hands on the counters beside him and held himself up. "He's never gonna forgive me."

"He's never gonna find out." she took a small step closer to him. "Besides, I already told you that it's--"

"Do you even like him?" Nazem took a small step towards her, as well.

"I like him, don't get me wrong." she said.

"Why would you sleep with someone else then!?" he whispered loudly.

"Why did you sleep with me if you knew I was dating someone?" she spoke with the same tone.

Nazem refused to tell her the truth about how it was a game. It was against the rules to tell the girl that you're under a dare. Either way, he was screwed in the game situation since he's now seen her after they slept together. That was still one of the least of his worries, though. "I was drunk." he sighed.

"We both were." she blinked. "Look, don't feel bad about yourself."

"He can't find out." Nazem stared at the ground.

"He won't."

He looked at her again and met her eyes. They stood only a few feet away from each other in silence.

"Did you feel anything?" she asked and took another step closer to him.

"You were the one who left without saying anything." he shrugged.

"Isn't that how it goes?" she raised an eyebrow. "We agreed on a one-night stand. I knew you'd bullshit me with something like 'I will call you' in the morning, so I went home before you woke up."

"True." he admitted. He glanced at her again and saw that she was smiling. "You fuck like a woman but have the guts of a man, you know." he smirked.

"When was the last time you did something bad, secretly?" she smiled as she went on her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. He took another step closer, now leaving only breathing space between them. He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist. She continued, "When was the last time you did bad things behind someone's back?"

"He's my teammate and best friend." Nazem paused. "He's like a brother to me. I can't do this to him."

"Back away, then." she placed her forehead against his. "We can go back to the living room and we'll pretend like nothing ever happened, if you want."

He opened his eyes and looked at her once more. She added, "So how come you're not backing away?"

"What about you? Did you feel anything that night?" he repeated her question.

"I feel better when I'm with you than I do when I'm with him." she replied honestly.

"What are we gonna do, Kaitlynn?"

"We could just see each other secretly." she said.

"Have sex behind his back?" he said it in more of an uncertain way. He didn't feel right about doing this to Matt.

"Yeah." she whispered. "That's all."

He stared her down and leaned in, closing the last inch that kept them apart. Their lips met in a slow, gentle kiss. He kissed her again and collided his tongue with hers in her mouth. They continued kissing, more harshly, while breathing through their noses. Nazem placed his hand on her back and lifted her up against the counter.

She wrapped her legs around his back, the same way she did at his house, and they kept making out passionately. Kate put her hand behind his head and pulled him even closer, making it hotter for them.

...

"I feel like we're supposed to be waiting for something." James laughed. The boys turned their heads to JvR and away from the TV when a commercial came on.

"Beer, I think?" Joffrey stretched his arms out.

"Maybe they need some help." Matt smiled.

Tyler gulped, assuming that Nazem and Kaitlynn were in the middle of a big conversation that involved Matt. He prayed that they weren't doing anything stupid in there since Matt was about to get up and head for the kitchen.

"You sit." Bozie said quickly. They all looked at him and he replied casually with, "I'll help them." Tyler got up and Matt sat down and shrugged as they all glued their eyes back on Top 10 Plays Of The Week.

-


"We have to go back before they get suspicious." she breathed heavily as Nazem kissed her neck. He had found her weak spot, so he now knew how to make her beg for him.

"You're right," he kissed her lips hard once more. He placed her back down and her feet touched the ground.

Nazem fixed his shirt and she tried to put her hair back in shape by running her fingers through it and readjusting the bobby pins. They heard footsteps a few seconds after turning their heads to the kitchen doorway, Tyler walked in.

He stared at them and gave Nazem a knowing look and then glanced down at her hair which was still messy on the side. He then looked back and forth from Nazem to Kaitlynn. They tried to pull off the 'completely innocent' look, but Bozie knew that they did something.

"You're so screwed." Tyler smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
#theboys

leave a comment ;)

Kate's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=75050161