Status: Completed.

Inevitable

Five

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013.


Nazem woke up with excruciating pain in his head. He didn't even drunk much last night at Tyler's party, but it still pounded, making it hard to think clearly. He squinted his eyes and limped on one foot and then the other, down the stairs and into the kitchen.

He slowly poured himself a glass of water and drank the whole thing in a few gulps. He sat down on one of the island stools and placed his face in his hands. The house was quiet but there was a screeching noise in his ears. It was making him frustrated even though anger made his headache worse.

That's when his cell phone rang. It sounded louder to Naz than it really was. He groaned and put his hand in his pocket, pulling his iPhone out. His eyes were barely staying open but he saw that it was 9:20AM and that Matt was calling.

Nazem clicked 'Answer' and placed his phone by near ear, without saying anything.

"Hello? Matt said on the line.

"Hey," Nazem said quietly, rubbing his forehead.

"Yo I was wondering if you wanna come to the gym with me and Gards?" Matt said, referring to Jake Gardiner.

"I'm sorry, guys," Nazem shut his eyes for a moment. His head suddenly hurt even more from saying the word 'sorry' to Matt. Nazem was more than sorry-- and it wasn't because he couldn't train today. "My head is fucking killing me from last night." he added.

"Ah, I feel you buddy." Matt sighed. "I should'not have let you drink too much. I had no idea."

"I didn't even think I drank that much," Naz replied honestly.

"Get some more rest, okay?" Matt suggested nicely.

"I'll try, bye." he responded. He waited for Matt to end the call, and when he did, he walked over to the couch and laid down.

The hardest thing to do is act normal around Matt. Nazem felt even worse about the entire situation because he had kissed her last night. It was a small kiss but it was sure to cause trouble. It felt right, although he knew it wasn't. He was basically drunk and he knew he had to make that clear to her once his hangover cured.

-


"What's the matter?" Claire stared Kaitlynn down as she grabbed a glass from the shelf.

Kate sipped her cup of coffee and kept her eyes on the kitchen tiles. She was leaning back against the counter but didn't know what to say. She kept lying to herself, all night long, she told herself that they were drunk and it didn't mean anything. Kate only got four hours of sleep and it was coming back to bite her in the ass since she had class in two hours.

"Are you ever going to answer, or am I just going to have to guess what happened last night?" Claire filled the glass with white milk.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Kate lied. "I just didn't get any sleep, really."

"Why?"

"What's with all the questions?" Kaitlynn shot back right away. She gulped her own words, remembering Three Questions which she always plays with him.

"I'm your sister!" Claire raised her voice. "You can tell me anything!"

Kaitlynn bit her bottom lip but stayed silent. She didn't even want to say what had happened because she wished it hadn't.

"It's Nazem, isn't it?" Claire asked more quietly, tucking a strand of black hair behind her ear.

"Yeah," Kate gave up and nodded slowly. "He was at the party, obviously."

"And..?" Claire needed more information.

"And..." Kaitlynn took a deep breath. "We k-kissed." She exhaled.

Claire looked at her weirdly for a second since she knew that she was cheating on Matt with him, but then she saw the look on Kate's face. The tired eyes, the sad cheekbones, the perfectly plucked eyebrows that were frowning.

"It wasn't a make out scene." Kate added, almost in a whisper. "It wasn't with tongue and it didn't end with us naked."

"Oh my god." Claire looked at her with worried eyes. "You felt it, didn't you?"

Kaitlynn closed her lips together and held back the tears. "Yeah," she admitted. "I did."

Before she could move or do anything, her sister wrapped her arms around her. Kaitlynn rested her head on Claire's shoulder and the tears managed to roll down.

"I haven't even known him for long but we know so much about each other," Kate cried. "I don't know if he was drunk but I know I wasn't!"

"Everything will be okay," Claire tried to comfort her and rubbed her back in a soothing motion.

"I'm not supposed to fucking like him!" she wiped her nose with the back of her hand. Her face was wet, along with Claire's shirt, where her tears had stopped.

"Shhh. ." Claire hushed. "It's okay, let it all out."

Kaitlynn finished crying a few minutes after. She drank the rest of her coffee, even though it was warm, not hot anymore. They had sat on the leather sofa in front of the TV, as she tried to get her mind off of Nazem.

***


"Do you want me to stay?" Claire asked. "I'll call in sick."

"No," Kate shook her head lightly. "I don't want you to miss work. I'll be okay."

"What about you? Are you staying home?" she put on her jacket, followed by her purple scarf.

"We have an exam tomorrow and I want to get a better explanation today," Kate crossed her arms and stood by the door.

"Take care, okay?" Claire put her hands on Kaitlynn's cheeks.

She forced a smile and replied, "I will."

Once Claire left and the front door closed, she turned around and headed down the hall to her room. She took Nazem's sweater out of her closet and went back to sit down on the couch. She pulled her knees up close and hugged her legs, while lifting the big sweater up to her face. It smelled just like him. The expensive cologne he always wore made her body lose control.

It already had a lot of memories from last night. She instantly forgot about how cold it was outside as soon as he wrapped the sweater around her. Kaitlynn regretted saying that she wanted him to kiss her, no matter how bad she wanted it, she should have lied.

They were fine the way they were. Sex with no feelings, dinner with no romance, questions with no meaning. Even though cheating on Matt is something she regrets every day, this felt worse.

She put her hands through the holes and left it unzipped. She just wanted to curl up inside of it completely. Kate flinched when the doorbell rang. It was shortly followed by a knock, and Kaitlynn wondered if Claire had forgotten something.

She stood up and walked over. She ran her fingers through her hair on the way and also rubbed her face lightly, hoping that it wasn't red anymore.

She lifted the door handle while standing inside the house, staring at the man in front of her. His hands were in his jean pockets and he was wearing a Toronto Blue Jays long-sleeved shirt.

"Hey," Nazem exhaled. He swallowed a lump in his throat and glanced at his sweater that she was wearing. It reminded him of last night and it made him want to hug her tight, and never let go.

"Hey," she said quietly. "Come in."

She stepped aside as he walked in and took off his shoes. Kaitlynn closed the door and led him to the couch, even though he directed himself there, since he had been in her apartment multiple times.

"Do you want something to drink?" she headed for the kitchen.

"Uh, just some water would be good." he sat down.

She came back with two glasses of water and placed them both on the table. She sat one seat away from him on the couch and drank it slowly.

"We need to talk." Nazem licked his lips.

She faced him and he stared at her nervously. Kate didn't say anything but she nodded, and Naz took it as a sign to go on.

"Last night.." he began.

She already swallowed, praying that she wouldn't burst in front of him. She still looked at him and it seemed as if he was trying to find the right words carefully.

"It was a night that involved a lot of drinks." he blinked and didn't take his eyes off her. "I didn't realize I had too many until this morning." he clasped his hands together softly. "I shouldn't have kissed you, it was wrong."

She bit her bottom lip and turned her eyes to the glass of water in her hands. The silence was so loud.

"And for that," he continued. "I'm sorry."

"It didn't mean anything." she closed her eyes at the harsh words that came out of her mouth. It even hurt to admit it in her head. "So don't be sorry."

He looked down at the empty space between them, and then back up at her. She was still staring at the glass without moving.

He wanted to shift over and kiss her, but that was why he was here to apologize, so he kept his distance. It was only one seat but it felt like a mile.

"I, uh," he inhaled a long breath of air, grabbing the courage to say it. "I should get going now."

"Okay," she looked up at him again but he was on his feet.

He slowly walked toward the door and she followed behind him. After putting on his sneakers, he looked down at Kaitlynn again.

Her arms crossed, brown hair naturally waved and it was equally spread on both sides, his sweater that was too big on her but it looked great, her legs that were practically shaking. She looked weak but she was just staring up at him.

"What are we gonna do?" she finally spoke. It was the same question he had asked her more than two weeks ago when the plan was made.

"I don't know." he responded. "I don't."

"Are we still.. doing this?" Kate emphasized the last two words. She wanted him to twist her inside-out again in bed. He was the only guy that could make her orgasm the way she never imagined.

"Do you still want to?" he asked her. He had not even slept with anyone besides her in the last few weeks. No puck sluts on road trips, no random girls he met. Just her. She was the only one with the power to make him want to fuck her over and over again.

"Yeah," she released a faint smile. "Do you?"

"Yeah." Nazem nodded. "I'll see you another time, okay?"

She eyed him carefully and went on her toes to place a small peck on his cheek. He looked at her for a second and blinked away, turning to face the door.

But he paused after pulling the handle.

He stood in the wide-open doorway and turned around once more to look at Kaitlynn. His breath was increasing and he didn't care anymore.

He shut the door behind him, "You know what," he took a large step closer to her. "I don't give a shit about the rules." Nazem said quickly as he pulled her into him with one hand, placed the other one behind her neck, and kissed her. They pressed their lips together repeatedly, more and longer each time.

She pushed herself even closer to him and ran her fingers along his hair at the back of his head. He kissed her passionately but hungrily, loving every second of it.

She would much rather be with him than in class where she should be. They weren't just forgetting about the rules, the plan, and the whole game. This time, they were completely ignoring them.
♠ ♠ ♠
commentttt!

this was pretty short but yeah