Status: Completed.

Inevitable

Nine

Sunday, March 31st, 2013.


2:54pm


"So then I asked him if he heard anything, and he said no." Kaitlynn explained. She was sitting on the couch beside Claire, and she was next to James. Nazem walked around his living room, as Tyler and Phil sat on the black leather sofa across from them and listened.

"That's good, at least." Claire said quietly, with her arms crossed, still feeling bad for ruining the plan last night.

"I'm so confused." JvR shook his head and looked up at Naz. "Why did you lie about 'Kathryn'?"

Nazem put his hands in his pockets and stared out the long glass window, viewing out the balcony and the rich neighborhood. He took a deep breath, "Because.." he glanced back at JvR, not knowing how to continue.

"Because he's with me." Kate spoke for him. James stared at her and then at Claire. His eyes moved over to Tyler and Phil who just gave small nods, knowingly.

"W-What? I don't.." James' mouth fell open and his facial expression was blank. Nazem took the seat beside Phil and sat back, looking directly at James who was speechless. "Naz..?" James looked for clarification.

Naz leaned in and simply nodded. Everyone sat in silence for a moment, wordless. Nazem could only confirm it and hope that James wouldn't say anything about it to anyone.

"You would really do that to Matt?" James whispered, furrowing his eyebrows in frustration.

"None of this was supposed to happen," Naz said quietly. "I don't want to hurt him."

"And you guys.. knew about this?" he looked at Kess and Bozie.

"I told Phil." Tyler replied.

"And Boz tried to warn me," Nazem stuck up for him. "I'm the one who let this go too far."

Kaitlynn stared at Naz sadly, reviewing what he just said. She felt as if she got torn apart by just those words.

"I, uh.." James sighed. "I guess you can't help who you want to be with."

Claire rubbed soothing circles on his back, tracing with her hand. He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"So what are you gonna tell Matt when he talks to you about Kathryn?" Phil exhaled.

"I'm not really sure." Nazem scratched his neck. "I have two options. One, I tell him that James told me he and Kathryn go way back," he glanced at Claire. "And if Matt asks why I'm not upset, I'll say I wasn't too close with Kath so I don't care. Or, number two, I can act mad."

"The first one sounds good, I just hope he doesn't suspect anything." James replied.

Phil's phone vibrated and he nudged Tyler, "Hey man we gotta go."

He and Bozie stood up, along with everyone else in the living room. Claire and James walked towards the door hand in hand. Kaitlynn stood with her arms crossed as they said goodbye and walked out. James assured them that the secret was safe with him.

"Are you coming?" Claire asked.

"I'll be home soon." Kate smiled weakly.

She stayed and headed back to the couch. Nazem locked the front door and sat down beside her.

"You okay?" Naz pushed a strand of hair behind her left ear and then brushed his hand on her cheek.

"Yeah," she kissed him gently. He didn't pull back, and pulled her head closer to his as they pressed their lips together. He slid his tongue into her mouth and toyed with hers.

"Three questions?" he placed a trail of kisses down her neck, but he couldn't find what he was looking for.

"O-Okay," she spoke breathlessly. "You go first."

"Where's your weak-spot?"

"If I tell you," she put her back down on the couch, laying down halfway, dragging Nazem on top of her. "You'll never leave it alone."

She spread her legs, putting her feet down on the sofa, and her knees pointing up. Nazem's body was pressed against her and he chuckled, "Tell me."

She took her own finger and put it gently up her neck, by her throat. Kate tapped the area, "By my jaw, near my ear." she said quietly.

He smirked and repeated the words in his head. He leaned down again towards the spot and placed wet kisses, making her moan quietly. It sent sparks up her neck like an adrenaline rush.

"Umf.." she bit her bottom lip from moaning again. "What are you thinking about right now?" she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Us." he whispered in her ear.

"Good or bad?"

"Good," he looked down at her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Do you.. regret everything?" she asked. "Like, do you regret deciding to do this behind Matt's back?"

Nazem stopped rubbing the back of his hand on her cheek, and studied her expression. She could see right through him and sense the feeling of guilt. When he didn't answer, she closed her eyes and sighed. She shifted her body and he took the clue, so he got off of her and sat properly.

Kate pulled her knees up, putting her arms on them, resting her chin on the top of her hands. They stared at the coffee table silently.

"I wish it was easier than how hard it's been for the last few weeks," Nazem exhaled.

"Yeah, I understand." she licked her lips.

"Kate," he turned his body on the couch again to face her.

Once their eyes met, her mind pounded. She wanted to hear him say that he developed feelings for her. Before she could admit to anything, she needed him to say it.

"I don't regret the time I've spent with you.." Naz spoke.

She bit her bottom lip as he tried to find his words carefully.

"The plan was just to have sex, no emotions." he cleared his throat. "I'm glad neither of us got too attached, y'know?"

Kaitlynn's smile faded, her face stayed still. She eyed him one last time, as he looked casual, with no hint of caring whatsoever. She knew it was all too good to be true, from the beginning. She stood up and walked towards the front door.

Nazem furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, and watched her as she slipped on her black flats.

He stood up and followed behind her. "Where are you going?"

She turned the knob and whipped back at him, "Back to my boyfriend, the one I should've allowed myself to get attached to in the first place." she slammed the door shut, louder and harder than she wanted to.

Kaitlynn rushed to her car and stepped inside. She drove out of his driveway and started going down the road. Once she was far enough from Nazem's house, she pulled out her cell phone and called Matt.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey," she smiled when she heard his voice. "Are you busy?"

"No, what do you wanna do?" he asked, ruffling his hair. He was glad she called, for what ever the reason may be.

"Can I come over? I wanna be with you today again." she told him honestly.

"Of course,"

"I'll see you soon." she spoke before hanging up. She put both hands on the steering wheel and went in the direction to Matt's house.

After roughly ten minutes, she parked in front of his garage doors. Kate walked to his door and rang the doorbell to his large house.

He opened it, greeting her with his bright eyes and brown hair. Without saying anything, Kaitlynn hugged him and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Hey baby," he pulled his face back to look at her, and he smiled.

They sat down on the couch in front of the flat screen TV attached to the wall, and Matt had been watching Family Guy. She noticed a bowl of popcorn on the table before she felt warm arms snake around her, and her back pressed against Matt's chest.

She couldn't deny how good he felt, and how safe and how much happier she was in the moment. She turned to face him and he kissed her forehead. A flash of pure guilt and regret hit her hard when she took a good look at the man in front of her. The clueless man, having absolutely no idea that she didn't deserve him.

She rubbed her nose with his and they kissed lightly. He smelled like a fresh shower, with gentle wet lips and soft skin. Her face melted at his touch, and he kissed her again.

"Do you want something to drink or eat?" he rubbed her back where his hands were.

"Iced tea would be good," she grinned.

He beamed again before releasing her from his arms. She sat down on the leather couch and focused on the animated comedy show.

He came back with two cans of iced tea, and sat beside her. He pulled her in, and her back laid softly on his chest. She stayed in a comfortable position as he brought the bowl up. She took a sip of her drink and ate some of the popcorn.

"Anything new?" Matt asked.

"Nope," she replied.

"I thought about how I'm gonna tell Naz, by the way." he threw some popcorn in his mouth.

"Oh yeah?"

"I was thinking of calling him over today but I'd rather spend it with you, now." he pecked her head, sending the good kind of chills down her body.

Kate turned her head to face him, and smiled. He placed another heart-warming kiss on her lips.

"Can you stay tonight?"

"Yeah," she smiled, happy to hear him say it.

"I'm glad you came over," Matt spoke.

"Me too." she said truthfully. It's what she should have been doing from the start. She thought to herself, The truth will set you free.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter but writer's block sucks
Naz got a hat-trick in Ottawa the night before the date in this chapter fuck yeah #thedream
I had to make him seem like an asshole in this chapter (to her) but it will all make sense soon xo