When Will My Reflection Show, Who I Am Inside?

Part III

As the emperor sits down for his nightly meal, one of his trusted men comes forward to him. He bows slightly to the emperor and gives him a tightly wrapped scroll. The emperor scans his eyes over it quickly; reading whatever information he can. He is shocked, and he gasps as he learns of the news.

"You don't mean...Shan Yu is back?" His highness asks.

"Yes, my emperor. Shall I inform General Li and his son?" the trusted man asks.

The emperor nods, and the man runs off to warn the most reliable and top ranked General in all of China. When the man gets to the General's quarters, he hesitates before knocking. The man hears voices from the inside.

"But father! I have been training for weeks! You know I'm top of my classes! Why can't I be Captain?" a voice, much like a young man's, echoed through the hallways of the palace.

Just then, the emperor's counselor comes out of the room and looks at the man with the great warning. Chi Fu, looking unimpressed that someone was eavesdropping.

"Can I help you?" the strict counselor asked.

"I have urgent news for the General and his son. Please let me in." the man asks, hoping to gain entry.

"Alright."

General Li listens with great concern. He is astounded by the fact that the Huns are going to invade China. When the man the emperor sent leaves, General Li looks over to his son.

"You do realize what this means?" he asks his son, smiling.

"I get to be Captain, don't I?!" Shang hopes.

"Not in a million years, son. We have a lot of recruitment to do, and a lot of training."

Shang was not amused by his father's comments. He had true hopes of becoming Captain one day...

...and finding out who that girl was that he kept dreaming of.