Don't Take The girl a one part story

don't take the girl

*1980*

Billie's dad was taking him fishing when he was 8 years old. The little girl that lived down the street that was his age came through the front gate, holding a fishing pole. His dad looked down and smiled at him.

"We can't leave her behind. Son I know you don't want her to go, but someday you'll change you mind." Billie looked up at his dad and back to the girl.

And Billie said, "Take Jimmy Johnson, take Tommy Thompson, take my best friend Bo, take anybody that you want as long as she don't go. Take any boy in the world. Daddy, please don't take the girl."

*10 years later*

Same old boy same sweet girl, 10 years down the road. Billie held her tight and kissed her lips, infront of the picture show. A stranger came that they didn't see and pulled a gun out, grabbed her by the arm and pushed him down.

The stranger said, "If you do what I tell you, there won't be any harm."

And Billie said, "Take my money, take my wallet, take my credit cards. Here's a watch that my grandpa gave me, here's the keys to my car. Mister give it a whirl. But please don't take the girl." The stranger looked at him as he held his wallet out. He lowered the gun, grabbed the wallet and ran off. The girl ran into his arms and hugged him tightly, crying. He soothed her and brushed her hair with his hand.

*5 years later*

Same old boy, same sweet girl, 5 years down the road. There's going to be a little one and the lady says it's time to go.

Doctor says, "The baby's fine but you'll have to leave. Cause the momma's fading fast." He started walking away but dropped to his knees.

And there he cried, "Take the very breath that you gave me. Take the heart from my chest. I'll gladly take her place if you'll let me. Make this my last request. Take me out of this world. God please don't take the girl."

*8 years later*

Billie's daddy was taking him fishing when he was 8 years old.