Status: I will update periodically.

Somebody to Love

Chapter 1.

I put down my guitar and inspected my fingers. Every one of them covered in blisters. They stung as I clenched them together, but I felt satisfied with my practice for the day. There were only a few more days until my band and I left for our tour with All Time Low. This was our big break. We've been solo touring for almost 3 years, and it feels like we've actually earned our spot on this tour.

Soon, there was a knock at my door. I sighed, pushing my guitar aside and made my way across my bedroom to open it, only to be greeted by the guys.

They pushed themselves into my bedroom, and made themselves at home. Jake plopped down on the bed, pulling over one of my pillows and clutching it against his stomach.

"So, are you ready, Hollywood?" He asked. I giggled. I enjoyed Jake's nickname. It was inspirational. Maybe one day. But, probably not. Our genre of music didn't exactly get recognized in Hollywood. But that was alright with me. I was perfectly fine with where we were, and where we were going.
"I'm all packed, if that's what you mean." I said. He smiled, and his eyes lit up. I plopped down on the bed next to him as Ricky and Erik scooted up against the wall.

"What about you guys?" I asked. Jake nodded, along with the others.
"Jake's beed ready for over a week." Erik said, giggling to himself. I smiled. Jake played played lead guitar in our band. Erik played the bass, and Ricky played the drums. They were all so talented, and I wondered how I was lucky enough to be in a band with them, let alone best friends with them.

"So, have you come up with any new songs?" Erik asked, looking over at me. He laughed.
"I don't want you springing them on us at the last minute like last time." He said. I smiled, feeling my cheeks get red. It was my idea to decide to change our setlist and teach them all 2 new songs at the last minute at our show case for our tour audition, and maybe those songs were the ones that got us on the tour, who knows. But either way, we got in.

"Nothing yet." I said. "I can't guarantee anything while we're on the road, though."

I wrote a lot of songs, a lot I didn't share with them. A lot of them were actually about Jake, but I could never tell him that. I couldn't risk losing him as my best friend, or losing his as our lead guitarist. I knew he didn't feel the same way, so I kept those songs locked away in my notebook with the rest of my feelings, and that's where they would stay.