Status: I will update periodically.

Somebody to Love

Chapter 10.

The next morning, the crew head out to check the vans for equipment before heading off. After they were finished with inventory, we began loading up the van for the next venue.

"Hey!" I heard from behind me. I already knew that voice. My stomach clenched up as I turned around, biting down on my lip.
"Hey" I said as Alex made his way over to our van.
"So, um, well, we've got a lot of room in our bus if you guys want to ride with us on our way to the venue. I mean, I know how much it sucks being cramped in a van for a few hours." He laughed and he looked down at me. He was inviting all of us, but I sensed the invitation was mainly for me.

"Oh, that sounds great." Jake said, cutting in. Alex quickly looked away, shoving his hands in his pockets. I felt my cheeks burn. I kept my eyes locked on him. He had nice eyes. My cheeks burned as he looked back at me, smirking. I brought my attention down to my feet. I heard him giggle to himself. Great. He caught me.

"Let me just grab the rest of the guys." Jake said, shutting our van door. I sighed. Now he was going to leave me alone with Alex. Great.

He was quiet for a moment, with his hands still shoved in his pockets, aimlessly kicking at the loose pavement. The awkward silence was painful.
"So.." He said. I peeked up at him.
"So.."
"Do I bother you, Holly?" He asked. That took me by surprise.
"Bother me? Why would you think that?" He shrugged.
"I don't know.. you just.. you give the impression that you don't want anything to do with me. Especially when your band mates are around. Did I do something?" I shook my head.
"You didn't do anything." I said simply. He scrunched up his face.
"Then what is it?" He asked. My mind went blank, and remained quiet. He sighed.

"Can.. Can I be honest?" He finally said. I bit my lip, now staring up at him. I nodded.
"I think you're cute." He said simply, keeping his eyes locked on mine. I could feel my cheeks burning. I smiled.
"You do?" I asked. He smiled back, now looking away.
"Yes, I do." He said quietly. My heart began to beat faster. He thought I was cute? He moved closer.
"Do.. you think I'm cute?" He asked. I giggled, looking away again.
"Are you always this forward?" I asked, trying to avoid the question. His smile grew.
"Not usually."
"So why now?" He shrugged.
"You have thousands of girls screaming at you telling you you're cute every night, what does it matter if I think so." I said. He nodded, crossing his arms now.
"I didn't ask them, I'm asking you. You can say nooooo.." I stayed quiet, biting my tongue.

"I think you're just scared." He said. I looked up at him confused. His hair fell perfectly into his face, and my eyes were locked on his once again. I could feel my cheeks starting to burn.
"Scared of what?"
"You're scared of falling for me." He said confidently, looking away with a cocky smile. I giggled.
"Oh so that's what you think it is, huh?" He nodded.
"That's exactly what I think it is. You're afraid to have feelings for someone. You're afraid to trust anyone." I sighed deeply. I heard Jake and the rest of the guys coming back up to the van.

"Ready?" He asked. Alex flashed them a smile and nodded as he uncrossed his arms. Jake lead the rest of the guys towards All Time Low's bus. Alex stayed behind, waiting for my answer. I knew it wouldn't be that easy. He raised his eyebrows at me, insisting on an answer.
"Maybe you're right." I finally said. He face seemed to drop a little as I moved away, following Jake and the guys onto the bus.