Status: I will update periodically.

Somebody to Love

Chapter 11.

"What do you mean?" I heard from behind me. I could already feel my cheeks beginning to blush. Fabulous. I turned around to find Alex following close behind me. He was staring down at me confused.
"Nothing." I snapped. He stared down at me, scrunching up his face. I held my stare silently.

"Okay, Holly." He sighed, plopping down on their couch. Jake and the guys took seats close to them. I stayed standing, giving myself a tour. Alex was quick to jump up and join me.

"Here's where I sleep." He said, pointing towards one of the bunks. I looked over to see pictures covering the wall. I smiled. There were ones of him with his family, I assumed. Ones of his parents, and even some of the rest of the guys from the band.
"It's nice." I said simply. He giggled.
"Well, sure beats a van." He said, giving me his sly smile. I bit my lip, nodding.
"You're right." I said, making my way through the rest of the bus. He followed closely. I turned to face him again.
"I think I can handle looking around by myself." I said. He giggled, shrugging.
"I don't know, it's kinda big. You could get lost." He said. I sighed. There was no getting rid of him.

On my way back to the sitting area, I could see Jake leaning over, watching Alex and I as we sat back down on the couch. I looked at him confused. His eyes then moved from me, to Alex, back to me. My cheeks were burning. I knew what he was suspecting. I shook my head and broke eye contact.

"There's a tv in the back." Alex said, plopping down on the couch. "In case any of you wanted to watch."
"That sounds nice." I said, making my way. It was only a matter of time before I heard footsteps behind me. I sighed deeply as I shut the door to the back room behind me, plopping down onto the couch. It was comfortable. Soon, the door opened, and of course..

"What's your deal?" I asked, as Alex slipped through the doorway, shutting it behind him. He stared back at me confused as he leaned back against the door.
"What do you mean?" He asked. I scrunched up my face.
"You know exactly what I mean, why are you following me?"
"Am I bothering you?" He asked. I bit my lip. He wasn't.. bothering me.
"Well, no I-"
"So you don't mind it." He said with a smile, sitting down close to me. I peeked up at him, and he looked back down at me with a sly smile. My cheeks were blushing again. Great.

He then turned away, grabbing the remote and turned on the tv.
"What do you wanna watch?" I shrugged. He sighed and began flipping through the channels. When he finally found something good enough to catch his attention, he put down the remote, crossed one leg over the other, and slowly reached his arm around my shoulder.

"Alex.." I sighed. He then moved away.
"Ugh, Holly. What's the problem?" I felt my body go cold. His tone had changed. I stared up at him confused.
"What's the matter with me?" He asked, now a little louder. My cheeks were burning.
"Nothing's wrong with you." I said quietly. He sighed deeply, now running his hands through his hair.
"Well, obviously there is. I've done anything and everything to show you I'm interested in you and you don't care. And so I don't get what's so wrong with me."

My face could of been on fire at this point. He was.. interested in me? I giggled. He scrunched up his face, staring angrily at me.

"You're laughing?" He snapped, getting up from the couch. Was he blushing now too? I bit my lip. His eyebrows scrunched down close to his eyes as he clenched his fists, holding his glare. I felt my heart starting to beat faster. He was.. attractive. I tried to hide my blushing cheeks.
"You're interested in me?" I asked. He ran his fingers through his hair again.
"How obvious do I have to make it?" He said. I shrugged. I guess he was right. He was a little obvious. It was quiet for a moment. I looked down at my hands, now playing with my fingers to avoid his stare. I could still feel his eyes piercing through me, awaiting a response.

"Why would you be interested in me?" I finally asked. I peeked up at him. I noticed he had calmed down. His face dropped as he took a seat on the floor in front of me, now leaning his chin on top of my knees, staring back into my eyes. My heart began to beat faster. I tried looking away, but I couldn't help it. I stared back, only to have a smile escape my lips. He smiled back.
"I'm sure you'd love to know." He said quietly. I felt his hand move onto my leg, and his fingers gently gliding up and down. My heart was pounding. What was happening? What was coming over me?

"We're on tour together. What would happen when the tour ended?" I asked. His eyes seemed to light up, as if it seemed like I was warming up to the idea, which I never said I was. But I never said I wasn't. He smirked.
"You're already thinking long term, meanwhile I just wanted to take you out to dinner." He said, winking at me. My cheeks burned as I looked away. I heard him giggle.
"You're cute when you're embarrassed." He mumbled. I bit down on my lip, looking back at him.
"I'm not embarrassed." I said. He rolled his eyes.
"Whatever you say, Holly." I playfully pushed him away from my legs. He sighed, now leaning up against the couch.

"How in the world did your other boyfriends deal with you?" He said with a laugh. I felt my body go cold. Other boyfriends? I remained silent. He stared back at me, skeptical.
"You.. you've had boyfriends before right?" He asked. I could feel my burning cheeks turning into an even deeper shade of crimson.
".. a boyfriend at least?" He continued. My face only felt more and more hot.
".. You've never dated anyone before?" He finally asked, giving me a slight smirk.

"We're not talking about this." I said, getting up. He sighed, grabbing my hand before I walked out.
"Holly, there's nothing wrong with that. It's.. it's sweet." I turned to look at him. He was staring down at me with his usual smile. My heart was racing a mile a minute. He thought it was sweet? It was embarrassing, knowing no boys had any interest in me. Not until now.
"Have you ever kissed a boy?" He asked. His hand still in mine. I gently pulled it away. He nodded slightly, now looking down at his feet.
"I could be your first kiss, Holly." I rolled my eyes, moving away from him.
"Okay, Alex." I said, hinting at the strong sarcastic tone. He gave me his sly smirk, now pushing the hair out of his face.

"I'm gonna hold you to that."