Status: I will update periodically.

Somebody to Love

Chapter 5.

The venue was much larger than expected. Then again, we were opening for a much larger band. I suppose it should be expected at this point.

It was quiet inside; I liked that. The silence helped me somewhat to calm my nerves. Nerves. Nerves was an understatement.

I never really got nervous before a show, but then again, this wasn't just any show. This was the show. As cliche as it might be, today was the first day of the rest of our lives.

"Hey.." I heard from down the hall. I turned, and froze when discovering where the voice had come from. He made his way down.
"Hey you.. must be Holly." He said. I stared at him wide eyed, quickly stickin out my hand, trying not to act as discombobulated as I felt.
"Hi, yeah. I'm Holly. And you're Alex." I said. He giggled, shaking my hand.
"That's right, I am." He said with a smile. I felt my cheeks burn. At least I was making a good first impression. I hoped.

"Well, we are more than happy to have you on this tour. We've listened to you guys for a little while, actually. You're really good." He said. I bit my lip. My heart was pounding. They liked our music?
"Oh, well, why thank you." I said, trying to sound as confident as possible. I don't think I fooled him. He giggled.

"Do you guys need help moving your luggage or equipment or anything? We'd be more than happy to help."
"Oh, so you're not one of those bands who expects people to do everything for them." I was shocked at my self. If I could take that back, I would in an instant. But he gave me a half smile, almost staring me down.
"No we're not." He said. His smile grew.

"Um, uh.. n-no. We're fine." I said, staring down at my feet. He shoved his hands in his pockets.
"Well, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask." He said, flashing me a smile. I felt my cheeks burn as I managed one in return. He gave a slight wave before turning back down the hallway.

I sighed deeply, running my hands through my hair, and leaned up against the wall. I was then greeted with the loud footsteps of Jake coming down the other direction. My heart began to pound again. He smiled as me made his way over, leaning next to me.

"So, what's got you all worked up?" He asked. Him. He always did. I bit my lip, keeping my thoughts to myself.
"Well, I just talked to Alex." I said. Jake's eyes widened.
"Oh yeah? What'd he say?" He asked. He was excited. I smiled. He was always so adorable when he smiled. I shook the thought.

"He just told me not to hesitate to ask if we needed anything." Jake nodded.
"Well, that's cool.." He was quite for a minute, then I saw a smirk. My cheeks got red.
"What?" I asked. His smile stayed as he shook his head.
"Nothing.." He said, looking down. "You're just blushing." He giggled. My cheeks began to burn even more.
"I am not." I said, gently shoving him. He giggled.
"You like him, don't you." He said. I stared at him wide eyed.
"I do not!" I snapped. He laughed even harder.
"You totally do! You have a crush on the singer! I knew it. This always happens with singers. I knew this would happen."

I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"I do not like him, Jake. I barely know him." Jake nodded.
"So you're saying if he asked you out, you'd say no?" I bit my lip.
"That's exactly what I'm saying." He sighed, looking away.

"We'll see about that, Holly."