Status: I will update periodically.

Somebody to Love

Chapter 7.

Jake looked over at me, giving me his usual sly smile. The blushing hadn't calmed down from my cheeks.
"What?" I asked. Jake shook his head, still smiling.
"Nothing.. but you definitely like him." I quickly looked away.
"I do not, Jake. I barely know him." He crossed his arms, shaking his head.
"Then you're at least attracted to him. It'd obvious. Look at your face."
"Jake, I am not, okay? Now can we just get focused for the show?"

He sighed, rolling his eyes.
"Okay, Hollywood." He said in his mocking tone. I stared back at him, scrunching up my face. He giggled, gently shoving me.
And soon, the lights went down, and it was time to start the show.

After I heard the guitars and the drums begin to shake the room, I made my way out. There was an overwhelming wave of screams. It took me by surprised. I stared wide eyed out at what I could see of the crowd. The bright lights were blinding. I could already feel the sweat forming on my forehead from the center stage spotlight. And then, I started to sing.

The night was a blur. There were much more people than I had ever performed for. I could barely hear more than half of our set because of all the screaming. But, it was a great feeling. Especially seeing so many of their fans singing along to our songs. This wasn't our tour. So it was still great to see others caring about our band too.

When I got back into the wings, I took the bottom of my shirt, pulling it up to wipe off the sweat from my face. It wasn't long before the lights had gone black again. I looked around waiting for the guys to come out. Soon, I was greeted by Alex, gently touching my arm, turning me around. He leaned in close so I could hear him over the screams.

"Hey, um, after the show, can I talk to you?" He said. I bit down on my lip, looking back at him. I didn't bother trying to talk back; I knew he wouldn't be able to hear me. So I nodded, and he flashed me a smile before following Jack onto the stage, where they were greeted with screams and chanting louder than I've ever heard in my entire life.