Status: I will update periodically.

Somebody to Love

Chapter 9.

As I head back inside, it wasn't long until I ran into Jake. He stopped, crossing his arms, and gave me his usual smirk. My cheeks burned.

"And where were you?" He asked. I sighed, gently shoving him aside, making my way down the hallway. I heard him following close behind.
"Don't think you can get away for me this easy." He said. I stopped, now leaning against the wall.
"What Jake." I sighed. He smiled, moving in front of me.

"I was just wondering where you went, that's all." He said sweetly.
"We were just talking. Barely." He nodded.
"I'm sure.." He said quietly.
"You don't believe me?" I scoffed. What could he possibly think went on? He. shrugged.
"You just never hear about two people.. just talking. Not two rock stars." I shook my head, now bringing my eyes to my feet.
"I'm barely a rock star, Jake." He laughed.
"Holly, did you see yourself out there? You were pretty great. Where did that come from?" I could help the smile escaping from my lips. He really thought I was great?

"I.. I don't know. There were more people. It just.. happened."
"Well, thank god you picked tonight. This is the biggest crowd we've ever played for." I smirked.
"I know." I said quietly. I was still very pleased with that performance. I heard Jake sigh, now leaning back against the opposite side of the hall.

"Now what did you and Alex really talk about?" He said. He crossed his arms again. I think he was trying to intimidate me. He wasn't working. It was only making me more flustered. His strong arms bulging through his tight tshirt. He looked good and he knew it. I bit my lip.
"It was nothing, Jake. Really."
"Does he like you?"
"No, Jake. How would I know? How could he? He doesn't even know me."
"I just don't want you getting hurt, Holly. I mean, this is our big chance. I don't want anything getting in our way. I don't want him to think you're just some play thing."
"He's not gonna hurt me, Jake." He giggled, nodding again.
"You're right. You'll probably hurt him. And that's the last thing we need. One of the biggest bands in this scene hating us before we even get our shot. So don't go breaking his heart."
"I don't intend on it." Jake was quiet for a minute.

"Then again.." He finally said. I looked up at him confused.
"What?" I asked. He shrugged, now peeking up at me.
"Well, he does seem to like you.. I don't see anything wrong with you.. perhaps flirting a little? Maybe you guys could do a song together.. get our name out the-"
"Jake! I'm not gonna use him!"

I heard the door open next to us. It was Alex. He walked in, shutting the door behind him and pushed his hair back into place. He looked over at Jake and I smiling.
"Use who?" He asked, flashing me a smile. My cheeks felt like they were on fire.
"No one." I said quickly, looking back down at the floor. Alex looked over a Jake and then back to me.

"Okay, um, well we're leaving early tomorrow morning so, just make sure you guys are all packed and ready." He said softly, shoving his hands in his pockets.
"Okay, thanks." Jake said, flashing him a smile. Alex nodded to him, and then brought his attention back to me. I peeked over at him to catch him staring back. I could feel my cheeks staring to burn already.
"Um, Holly I, um.. I'll see you tomorrow?" He said, biting his lip. I held back my smile as much as I could while Jake was watching, but managed a nod.
"Y-yeah." He said. His smile grew.
"Great." He said, before turning off and making his way down the hall.

Jake waited from him to disappear before turning back to me. He was smirking. I looked back down.
"Shut up." I said, trying to beat him to it.
"Holly, you like him. Just admit it." I sighed.
"I don't like him." I snapped. He shrugged.
"So, do you always blush around boys you don't like then?" He asked. My cheeks were burning again. Great. Now how was I going to answer this?
"He just makes me nervous, okay? They're huge. And I just want to make a good impression." He appeared to understand.
"Alright." He said "I guess you're right."

I felt the weight fall of my shoulders as he motioned me to follow him down the hallway. I was free from Jake's interrogation. Until tomorrow, at least. But at least tomorrow I would have more time with Alex.

Which, I wasn't actually anticipating it was I?