You and I

01/01

Image

Alexis sat on her bed, legs crossed Indian style, reading through her new magazine.It had an article featuring her best friend, Travis Mills.Also known to the music world as "T.Mills" the infamous weed smoking, vodka drinking, womanizer on the scene.

But to Alexis, the "T.Mills" she knew was nothing more then her best friend and the center of her world.Sure there were times when the fame would get to Travis's head and he would seem to forget about his childhood bestie, but then there were also times were things seemed to be perfect with them all together.

As she read through the entire article, she noticed Travis was playing a show in West Hollywood at the famous Roxy club tonight at 8.She swiftly reached for her cellphone and dialed his number.It rang about four times before someone finally picked up.

"What up girl!" Travis said excitedly, making Alexis smile wide.
"Hey T, how come you didn't tell me your playing a show tonight?" She frowned slightly, kind of taken back by not even getting in invited.She heard Travis sigh before returning back to the phone.

"Lexi it was suppose to be a surprise, that's why.I was on my way with Panda to drop off a ticket is that okay?" She let out a breath of relief."Of course T.I'll be waiting downstairs for you." She beamed, now excited to see her best friend and cousin, Panda.

While she pulled off her normal day attire of jeans and a sweatshirt, she rummaged around her closet for a nicer looking shirt before the boys arrived at her apartment."Lexi! Where you at girl?" Travis exclaimed, his voice echoing off the downstairs walls.

She quickly rushed down the small flight of stairs, jumping into her best friends arms and giving him a small peck on the cheek."Trav! Panda! I missed you so much!" She squealed happily, running over and hugging Panda once Travis had set her back down.

"We missed you too Lexi.Here, your ticket to get in tonight and you already know its VIP so don't even worry about that." Travis laughed lightly, handing Alexis the ticket.She chuckled softly before taking the ticket and putting it in her back pocket protectively.

"I'm so excited T.Your gonna be great tonight." Travis grinned at her words, knowing full well that she was telling the truth.He would do his very best.Especially since she was coming tonight.That put even more stress into Travis that he had to do well.

"Well we gotta get rolling Lexi, I gotta check in at 6 and drop Panda off at his pad before.I'll see you tonight baby girl." Alexis's heart jumped out of her chest and butterflies erupted endlessly in her stomach.

She loved it whenever Travis called her cute names that way, it made her feel like their was hope that things could finally go serious between the two of them.

"Alright Travis, I'll see you tonight.Bye Panda, it was good to see you love." She smiled, giving each of the taller men tight hugs and Travis, a quick peck on the cheek that always came whenever the two were parting ways for the day.

"See you soon." Travis winked before walking out the front door with his friend following closely behind him.Alexis looked at the clock, it was only 4:30 meaning she still had a good 3 hours before it was time to take off to the show.

She settled on taking a quick power nap and a shower before getting ready and them making some dinner for herself, a bowl of spaghetti and garlic bread.

It was finally 7, time for Alexis to start heading to the show.She grabbed her bag and keys before locking the door behind her as she walked over to her black Escalade SUV Travis had gotten her for her birthday.

As she started on her drive, she suddenly heard an oh so familiar voice come through the speakers.It was Travis, but it was a song she hadn't heard before.She quickly turned the volume up, listening to every little verse,line,word into full detail.

The song was about a girl. A girl he must be inlove with apparently.Alexis couldn't help but feel a little disappointed, thinking she should just turn around and go home.This time wasn't going to be any different then the rest.

But obviously she decided against it and in no time she was standing at the VIP line, handing the security guard her purse to be searched before she walked into the club.The large crowd was mainly different types of young girls and older women, like usual.She carefully made her way over to the 'reserved' section of the club and stood right in front of the stage.

Soon hundreds of people crowded and gathered around one another before the lights dimmed out and the infamous "Thrillionaire" intro came on, signaling Travis's presence in the room.

Alexis grinned up at her best friend, happy to see his smiling face once again.Fans screamed and cheered his name excitedly.He opened his set with "Vans On", the entire room singing along to every hook and chorus, including Alexis.

The set was amazing as usual, and Travis just informed that it was going to be the last song for tonight."So this next song is a new one, I'm sure most of you have heard it by now but if not that's ok too.This one is about a girl I love very much." He grinned widely, walking over to where I was standing in front of the stage.

What the hell was he doing!? "Will my best friend please come up here and help me sing this one?" Travis reached down, pulling me out of the crowd and up onto the stage, facing the entire crowd.I felt my jaw drop to the floor as he held onto my hand and began singing the song I heard on the radio "Right Song".

Tears filled my eyes as he sang every line, pouring more and more of his feelings out in every word.But the last part was what I definitely wasn't expecting to happen.Travis got down on one knee, "Cause you’re mine, yeah you’re mine, girl!" And then proceeded to kiss me in front of thousands of people.

"I love you, Alexis.Will you be my lady baby girl?" I couldn't say a word, except a simple "Yes." and kissed him full on the lips.This night couldn't have ended anymore perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first T.Mills story! I wrote this for my little cousin as a birthday present so enjoy and I hope you all like it :) feedback is much appreciated! :D