Letters for Muscles

February 27

My Dearest Muscles,

Today didn’t start out all that great, but it was just one of those days. Everything just seems so depressing and lonely. However, I feel the accomplishment of surviving another day. Even when I see the schedule for the coming weeks laid out in front of me and wonder if I can handle doing all of this, I know it’ll fly right by. Don’t feel too bad for me. No tears today, that was the goal!

Chandler and I had that dinner party tonight (but you know that, now, you were kind of there). I was so happy when Chandler pulled me in to talk to you. I think I’m still living off that high. It was only fifteen minutes, but that was amazing in itself! It’s more than I thought I’d get, anyway. I was just so happy to see your face. You seemed like you were in high spirits, which put me in high spirits too!

I’m just so proud of you, babe. Not just because you’re my soldier, but because you’re an amazing one.

We’ll be coming up on milestones in this deployment soon. Two weeks on the third of March! This really is the longest we’ve been apart, ever. I know there’s no reason to think I’d be used to this, but it still makes me so angry that I can’t deal with it. Cam had the gall to tell me it’s not that big of a deal because you’ve been gone for longer before, and that this deployment is so short. It only takes one bad day to change or end a life. You could go away a thousand times for years and years, and it would still be terrible.

Everything’s been a daily bowl of mixed emotions. I go from excitement to sorrow in the blink of an eye.

Yours Lovingly,
Blondie