Letters for Muscles

March 3

My Dearest Muscles,

Another day, still nothing. I started wearing your dog tags around my neck again. I’m just lonely, and it helps me remember why I’m doing this and that it’s worth it—that we need to do this. I miss you, I miss you so much. It’s easy to forget how important it is to have you around until you’re gone. The days are just so long, and I wish I had somebody to come home to. I’m hanging in there. I know it’s okay to be sad sometimes, as long as I realize this isn’t forever, and all of this waiting will be worth it when I see your face again.

So updates—everything’s been crazy. You know, since we’re trying to save the world. Really, it’s been about the same. Everyone’s getting their part done, and I’m trying to keep busy while you’re gone. I want to start exercising again. I think it’ll feel so much better if I do, since I just feel like a slug lately. I think I stress eat because I can’t stop.

There’s a lot on the horizon. Chandler’s been talking about going to the spa together for some R&R. Time continues to drag on, though.

So, working out, that’s the goal. Don’t want to look like a beached whale when you see me again.

Yours Lovingly,
Blondie