Letters for Muscles

March 14

My Dearest Muscles,

It was so-so today.

We had a meeting today to discuss the gala again. We know it’s our big chance to get Kennedy, but it just… it doesn’t feel right for some reason. I really felt your absence.

Knowing you’ll never be here again is awful. I want you here with us.

I want to hug you and feel the smooth curve of you back in my hands. I want your wiry arms around me. I want to rest my cheek on the smooth skin of your shoulder. I want to hear your deep voice. I need your warmth near me when I shiver in the cold.

There was a point today where I was unbearably sad for a while. I keep circling back to the fact that you aren’t coming home. I sound like a broken record, I know, but it’s like this stabbing pain in my heart.

You were my best friend as well as my lover and my husband. I miss you in so many ways. I’d love to hear you tell me you love me again, like you used to.

It’s raining today. Cold, wet, and miserable. Very much like me.

I need to accept that there are a lot of things I can never do again, simply because you aren’t here, yet I can’t quite get past the shock.

I feel you here with me, but I can’t see or touch or talk to you. The one person who I can confide in has gone… or at least can’t answer me.

I miss you with every fiber of my being.

I wish you were here.

I love you so much.

Love,
Blondie