Letters for Muscles

March 20

My Dearest Muscles,

Just over a month ago, I woke up excited.

We held each other as we slept, until Chandler’s calling woke us up. We quickly showered, ate breakfast, and rushed off to Chandler’s house to get ready.

I’m sure you and your mates carried on while Chandler painted my face. The day almost seems like a blur now.

All our friends dropped by. Chandler slipped me into those god awful shoes. We struggling to get me dressed without messing up my hair or make-up.

Took at least ten photos with Avery and Aunt Addie.

Laughing.

Walking down the stairs and waiting behind those doors until the sound of Gabe’s guitar echoing through the glass panes.

Then, hearing the murmurs fall silent as I stepped onto the pathway.

The way you looked at me. The way you lit up, and I almost started to cry.

We promised to love each other until death parted us.

Slipping rings onto each other’s fingers.

You carried me back into the house, and I remember thinking I was the happiest, most loved woman in the whole world.

More photos, then to dinner.

Speeches, dancing, cake, presents, and more dancing. Then, the Americans won.

Then, we spent the night in one of Chandler’s guest rooms. Oh, but we were so happy.

I miss being happy.

I miss you being here, making me happy.

I love you so much,
Blondie