Letters for Muscles

March 22

My Dearest Muscles,

Chandler and I went back to your home, and I think we’re finally making some headway into the disorganization we left last time.

Just one more day should really sort it out for good.

I picked up a book I hadn’t read in a long time… one I was never sure I even liked. The Time Traveller’s Wife is the name of it. It’s so sad, even sadder now than it was before. I was really doing fine, though, at least until I read Henry’s letter to Claire.

“When I am dead, stop waiting and be free. Of me—put me deep inside you, and then go out in the world and live. Love the world and yourself in it. Move through it as though it offers no resistance, as though the world is your natural element.”

I cried. It was like I was meant to read those words… but I’m not ready to put you “deep inside” just yet. You pervade every ounce of me and always will.

I forgot to mention… Chandler and I had a very profound conversation today while we took a break from moving things.

I started crying again, and I was asking him why you had to die, why me, the typical whiny garbage.

In typical Chandler fashion, he said, “Because it’s not all about you. Your purpose in life was to make Dean’s life joyous. You gave him love, friendship, and compassion. You gave him a reason to get up in the morning. You gave his life meaning.”

I miss you so much. I say it every night, but I have no other words.

I love you,
Blondie