Every Saturday and Monday

Chapitre deux

Kimberlynn's POV

I sat in front of my father in the poor lit room. We had been silent for at least 3 minutes and it was killing me. I was feeling kind of guilty for what I said on Monday, I didn't have to act that way, it was just a bad day I guess.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said Monday, that was way out of line. I guess since I had a bad day, I was taking it out on you", I apologized.

He nodded," I understand. I haven't been there. But I'm still your father Kimberlynn"

"I know and I respect that, but telling me about rules when you couldn't follow them seems pretty hypocritical dad", I stated.

"I guess I see your point, but besides that, anything exciting happen this week?", he leaned forward.

"Uhhh not really, I just entered the Teen Arts program, nothing big", I smirked.

His eyes widened,"Seriously? That's great Kimmy! I'm so proud of you. What made you change your mind?"

Teen Arts was a program where teenagers like myself could showcase their artistic abilities such as music, dance, painting, drawing, and performing arts. I used to despise it because almost everyone is an egotistical snob and think they are too cool for anybody or anything. To me, talent is a waste if you don't have the right personality. But Dad was always trying to get me to sign up, so I thought why not go ahead and join.

I shrugged,"I thought that "Hey I have nothing else to do", so I went for it. We don't start doing anything until 2 weeks from now though"

He was smiling so wide, I thought his face would break,"That's so awesome Lynn"

I was happy I made him proud, at least he had something to be happy about while he was in this hell hole.

Matt's POV

After I talked to Kimberlynn and the twins, next up was my stubborn son, River. They had to shove him into the room, which made my heart ache. River sat down in the chair and he glared at me with the eyes that were identical to mine. He reminds me of myself when I was his age.

"So, how's it goin'?", I tried to make conversation.

He shrugged his shoulders like he always does.

"Anything happen in school this week?", I tried again.

He repeated his actions.

I sighed,"Ya know, ya gotta talk to me sometime"

"I'm talkin' to you now, aren't I? I also talk to you by using my body language", he pointed out.

"You know what I mean River. What happened, why don't you like me anymore?", I questioned my 14 year old son.

He stared at me. He stared for about 2 minutes before answering,"Because you left us, for some different lifestyle. You weren't happy with us. You weren't a man about anything. A real man doesn't do something so stupid enough to get him taken away from his family"

"I was trying to do what was best for us. I know it didn't work out okay, but I tried", I reasoned.

"Whatever, because of you, this family will never be the same. You think when you get back, everything will be just how it was when you left?", he said.

"Of course not, I know it's gonna take a lot of work to get you guys' trust back. But whatever I need to do to get it back, I'll do it", I replied honestly.

"I'm sure you will, but what if whatever you do isn't enough, then what?", he interrogated.

"I'll try harder", I answered.

He shook his head," I don't want you to try. You shouldn't have to try. If you love us that much, you wouldn't be here in the first place"

Then our time was up and he left.

**Later that Day**

Kimberlynn's POV

"Yeah so mom is trying to take us to the carnival today. What are we 10? I could understand her wanting to take Carrie-Dee, but really? You have to come with me!"I said to Dorian over the phone.

"I wish I could, really, but I have to visit my Aunt Rosa today, but I promise when I get back, we'll do something", he told me.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll talk to you later and by later, I mean right after we hang up", I laughed.

"Aha, alright Kimbo Slice. Love you", he said.

"Love you too, bye", I then hung up the phone.

I then walked into the twins' room.

"You guys ready?", I asked the two.

"Yeah", they answered in unison. It freaked me out whenever they did that, but I guess it's a twin thing, so I can't get mad.

I walked to River's room to see him on his laptop.

"Come on, everybody's waiting downstairs", I told him.

He closed the laptop and walked out behind me.

Mom was downstairs holding Carrie-Dee on her hip.

"Everyone ready to go?", Ma asked all of us.

"Uh-huh" was heard except for Carrie-Dee who squealed,"Yeah!" in excitement. I haven't really enjoyed going to the carnival since Dad got arrested, so I sometime's didn't go. The carnival came twice a year, during Spring and again in summer.

The drive there was silent. After 15 minutes, we arrived. All you saw were colorful lights and kids running around with their parents close behind trying to catch them. You saw clowns and magicians everywhere. You saw happy couples sharing cotton candy and hot dogs. This place just screamed "Happiness".

**2 hours later**

"C'mon Ma, can we leave already?", I begged. Everyone except for Carrie-Dee agreed.

"Baby, it's only been 2 hours, plus you haven't even been on the Ferris Wheel and I know it's your favorite", she smiled walking us toward the Ferris Wheel.

I frowned,"Ma you know I only got on it when Dad was..... here. Dad?" I looked to see my father holding a large stuffed Panda Bear in his hands, with a smile on his dimpled face.

"Dad?!", everyone else said behind me.

He held his arms open and I ran right into them. He held me tightly, just as I was doing to him.

We pulled away and we both had tears in our eyes.

"What are you doing here, you aren't suppose to be out until 3 months. Did you break out?", I asked still holding onto him.

He laughed,"No, they decided to let me out early for good behavior"

Everyone had finally caught up behind me and all hugged Dad, except for of course, you guessed it, River. Lastly, Mom walked up to him.

"Hey Val", he smiled down at her.

She smiled,"Hey Matt"

They hugged each other and kissed. A chorus of "ooos" was heard.

"Now if you'd excuse me, Kimberlynn and I have a large wheel to ride", he handed Ma the stuffed animal and interlaced his arm with mine and we got on the Ferris Wheel.

"So since we have more than 20 minutes to talk, whaddya wanna talk about?", he asked.

Boy, did I talk up a storm from the Ferris Wheel, all the way til we got home. And I'm still not done.

Daddy's finally home
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so I am sorry to all the people who actually read this, but I'm trying to make a comeback with all my stories.

Thanks to:
momma2be
MrsChristX
omgimmortalHD

for commenting/recommending.

Thanks to those who subscribe as well. I love all of you guys, you motivate me.

sub/comm/rec

Love
Nathan Sykes' Swag a.k.a. Justine The Oreo a.k.a. KayJay