Status: In Progress - Savael feels and William comforting because big brother

To Fall For Humanity

Chapter Two

"Not a demon," William spoke to Gennz, watching Savael place a hand against the star wallpaper, "Not a shifter or anything else, as far as our tests go. He checks out there, but I still refuse to believe he's an angel."

"Why?" Gennz demanded, "Because you don't believe in them? Oh, because that's meant so much in the past. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

"Where are you going?" William frowned.

"To properly greet him, now that you've subjected the poor man to your torturous procedure," Gennz retorted, walking up to the angel, "Hello."

"Hello," Savael turned and smiled at her. The human girl before him rang in light and good intentions, but he could see she was shadowed in darkness as well.

"My name is Gennz," she held out her hand, "Spelt with a G, said with a J. Nice to meet you, Savael." He glanced down at her outstretched hand, confused. What was he supposed to...

"You shake it," Gennz chuckled, catching the look, "Put your hand out, like mine, and then you grip our hands together and move our arms up and down."

"You're the Prince of Demons," Savael gripped her hand in both of his own, looking at her in sympathy.

"Wha-?" she blinked.

"It is said," Savael explained, "The Righteous One will have a brother who was and will be the Prince of Demons."

"But I'm... A girl," Gennz frowned.

"The prophecy often depicts heros as male before they come to pass," Savael explained,
"It was believed the Righteous one would be a woman, due to this, until your brother was tossed into Hell."

"What does it mean, Prince of Demons?" Gennz asked.

"I do not know," Savael admitted, "It is not my place to understand the prophecy."

"Oh... 'Kay then," she retrieved her hand and gave him a somewhat forced smile, "So, Savael, what are you doing here?"

"The Righteous One never returned to Heaven, nor his deliverer," Savael explained, "Me and my brothers are searching to bring him home."

"No way, not happening," William spoke up, "I'm staying here, thank you very much."

"Do you not wish to ascend into Heaven?" Savael tilted his head.

"Not that the pearly gates aren't breath-taking, I'm sure," he snarked, "But I'm not done here. Go home, Kiddo, because I'm not going anywhere."

"I cannot return home until the Righteous One and Gabriel are with us," Savael frowned.

"Then stay in this dump of a town fo all I care," William replied.

"He should come with us," Gennz announced, making the other two look at her, surprised.

"Are you mental?" William flipped, "No He cannot stay."

"Why not?" Gennz demanded.

"Because that's bot how things work," William growled, "We kill supernatural beings. We don't become buddies with them and go for picnics in the park, Gennz."

"He's an angel, Will," Gennz retaliated, "One tha doesn't even know what a handshake is, at that. The worst he's gonna do is not understand your stupid pop culture references." They glared at each other for a minute before William finally spoke.

"Fine," he hissed, turning to the angel, "Alright, listen here, Kiddo. This stays between us, kapeesh? No talking to your brothers or whatever. second, you are our last priority, so if you can't hold your own, I'm not coming back for you. Lastly, you do what I say, when I say it. No exceptions. Is that clear?"

"But my brothers will..." Savael mumbled.

"No. No talking to your siblings about us," Gennz agreed, "No offense, Savael, but we don't know how to kill you, yet, so we won't be able to fend for ourselves, if they come."

"Of course," Savael sighed, "I understand."

"Great," William grumbled, "I'll be in town." With tha, h stalked towards the door and slammed it behind him.

"Don't worry about him," Gennz patted the angel on the shoulder, "He'll just take some time getting used to you, is all."