Status: discontinued. working on a new one.

Improbabil Dragoste

Chapter One

I was scavenging around in an apartment building looking for supplies, nothing specific, when I started to hear gun shoots echo outside. I ducked down and made my way to the window, pushing the curtain just enough to where I could glance down into the streets. I could see the streets were starting to fill up in front of a department store, some idiot alerted the dead. Now, they were after the idiot.

“Ce idioți. Mă simt aproape rău.” What idiots. I almost feel sorry.

I turned away from the window at the sound of something hitting the front door. I pulled out a knife and braced myself behind one of the chairs filling up the social room. I had locked the door upon entering but better safe than sorry is what I learned quickly after entering the states. I stood there behind the chair holding my knife staring at the door or anymore movement or sound but I think the dead had moved on. Probably curious about the sound from outside, not like they would know how to leave this building. I put my knife away feeling it was safe enough to continue looking about the apartment. The apartment looked as if it had been ransacked even after the occupants had left, all the food was gone, that were cans I assume, but the knives were still in the kitchen. I picked up some of the smaller knives and placed them in my leg holster for easy access in case I needed them. My preferred weapon were knives seeing as I have never used a gun in my life and in this situation they drew unwanted attention. I had my bow for long ranged attacks, which rarely happened, but for the most part I looted knives that would not be missed if left behind in a deads skull.

I walked into the bedroom to see clothes and bags thrown across the floor and the bed, photos lain forgotten on the bed that were almost considered important enough to be taken with but it's make the trip. Probably a good decision on their part since it's extra space and would require more effort to keep than is necessary. I cannot defend leaving behind memories very much seeing as I picked up a framed photo of a young couple and removed the photo from the frame. Slid off my pack and opened one of the side pockets that was filled with similar photos and licenses and added another. I kept memories of my own, mainly photos of my family back in Romania, and my visa even though I don't think I needed it anymore.
I packed up a few more items from the apartment into my pack and started to make my way to the door with one of the kitchen knives drawn. I peered in the hole on the door to see of any deads were right outside, I couldn't see any immediate ones that would need to be dealt with right away. A few could be heard scuffling down the hall, so I brought my knife up and slowly unlocked the door. More shots started to ring outside but these sounded like a sniper and closer then the first. I glanced back at the window which was covered by the curtain. I cursed under my breath and relocked the door and made my way back to the social room and took a seat on a chair.

“Mai bine să aștepte.” Better to wait.

I was not going to go out when idiots were out there causing a racket, I was not going to get killed because of someone else. I pulled off my pack and set it down on the table and stood up and walked over to the window to draw back the curtain a tad to peer outside. The street out front was filled with the dead and across the street I could see they were still trying to get into the department store. I looked up to the roof and I could see people gathered near the edge pointing down at the street. They must be pointing down a street perpendicular to the building I was in since I could not tell what they were pointing at. Probably pointing at the idiot who fired off the first shots. I guess I'll be waiting it out until tomorrow to move.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=74984850