Status: discontinued. working on a new one.

Improbabil Dragoste

Chapter Twelve

I was walking around the perimeter appreciative of this woven cowboy hat Otis's wife, Patricia, offered for me to have. I thanked her kindly accepting the gift and waited to put it on until I was outside. I was in a field when I saw Daryl returning from the woods, relieved, I jogged over to him.

“Did you find anything?” I asked knowing he didn't find Sophia but maybe a sign.
“Find a house with signs of someone living there, but Sophia wasn't there.” He admitted, “How are things here?”
“Fine Glenn and Maggie returned from town. A walker was in a well, they lowered me in to out a noose around it.” I explained.
“You what?” He asked grabbing my arm stopping me.
“We needed to get him out. Without further water pollution.”
“Are you okay?”
“Da. I almost fell in but they got me out safely. We pulled the walker out but..his other half broke off and fell back in.” I said avoiding eye contact.
“Are you wishin' for death? You shoulda let someone else go.” He walked away leaving me to catch up.
“I'm sorry.” I whispered behind me.

When we got back to camp Daryl walked off and entered the van where Carol was, I heard her cleaning in there earlier. She hasn't really been socializing as of late, still worried about her daughter. Daryl walked out a few minutes after entering and made eye contact with me motioning to follow him I stood up walking over. We walked a ways and stopped in a field.
“Still got those smokes?” He asked pulling out the lighter.
“Da.” I said reaching in my jacket to pull them out, taking one for me and handing him another.

He lit up his and them held the flame for me to use. We both stood in silence for a moment, both just blowing smoke into the air.
“I'm sorry.” I finally spoke.
“Nah, it's fine, ain't nothing to be sorry for.”
I looked at him for a moment but glanced down at the ground for a second to throw my țigară and put it out with my boot.
“Waste of a smoke.” He said pointing to the crushed țigară in the dirt.

I didn't say anything but stepped forward until my forehead made contact with his collarbone and my arms wrapped up around his sides to rest on his back. I sighed into his chest and relaxed my shoulders, it was instant but I felt Daryl tense up but eventually wrapped an arm around me. We stayed like this for a while even after I heard him stomp out his țigară. He didn't wrap his other arm around me, I didn't expect him to, I was happy he didn't shrug me away.
“Hey Cat..”He trailed off.
I looked up and he was looking down at me I pulled away thinking he wanted me to but he gripped my shoulder and pulled me closer crushing his lips against mine. It lasted only a moment before he pulled away letting me go and looked off to the side.
I chuckled lightly, “Domnul Daryl Dixon acting..bashful?” I paused trying to remember the correct word.
He looked at me quickly, “No. I just-” He trailed off as I walked over to him and leaned up for another.
“I've been wanting to do that for a while now.” I said smiling resting a hand on his chest.
“From what I recall you weren't very fond of me.” He said with a half smile.
“Mutual negative feelings in the start. Not now.”
“Not now.” He mimicked.

We made our way back to the tents and started to build a fire since night started to creep upon us. The Greene family stayed inside and Dale, Carol and Andrea were inside then Rick and Lori were still inside eating with their son leaving Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn, Shane and myself sitting around the fire eating whatever food we had. It was quiet minus the crackling of the fire

“Are you going to search for Sophia again tomorrow?” Shane spoke up looking at Daryl.
“Yea, might as well, I found a house with signs someone was staying there. Might've been Sophia. I'll start again tomorrow.” Daryl said finishing his food.

Glenn and T-Dog retreated into their tents as Shane stood saying he was going to keep watch and walked off.
“Hey why is my sleeping bag in your tent? You sending a sign?” Daryl asked jokingly.
My face burned as I retaliated in a rough whisper with, “I thought it was mine! Well, you can just sleep in that tent then.”
He chuckled and went into the tent, “Don't forget to kill the fire,” and disappeared into the tent without zipping it up.

I huffed and put my elbow on my leg opening my hand and resting my head on it looking at the fire. I heard Glenn moving inside his tent and unzip his tent leaning out and threw something over at me and land at my feet. I looked down confused and picked up the square foil and froze realizing he threw a condom at me. I looked at him in shock and he just did a quick wave of the hand and retreated back into his tent rezipping it. I sat there embarrassed holding the condom and quickly pushed it in my boot when I heard the tent behind me move and heard Daryl, “Hey you can sleep in here, you can use the bag.” I just nodded and turned back to the fire waiting for him to go back in the tent and I kicked dirt on top of the fire until it died down leaving me chilled in the dark. I turned to the tent and could see Daryl laying down turned away from me facing the side of the tent. I stood and walked over and bent down into the tent making sure to zip it back up. I sat down on the bag and glanced over at Daryl before I took off my hat followed with my jacket, I left my boots on in the event I had to made a run for it if walkers showed up and laid down on top of the sleeping bag facing Daryls back. I sighed closing my eyes and relaxed trying to sleep.