Status: discontinued. working on a new one.

Improbabil Dragoste

Chapter Five

Shortly after I made my way back to camp there was a meeting about what we will do as a group. They are wanting to go to a Center for Disease Control hoping to see if they have a cure or is just a safe place. I didn't know if this would be such a good time because of the size of the group.

“So I've been thinking about Ricks plan, I've known this man a long time. I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together. So those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning. Okay?” Shane told the group and no one said anything just exchanged glances.

“Ce zici de cei care nu doresc să plece?” What about those who do not want to go? I asked but realised I spoke in Romanian. “Apologizes, what for those who do not agree?”

Shane looked at me and so did Rick, it was Shane who spoke “Then they will have to make it on their own.”

I nodded in understanding. I stood to use the bathroom that I was told was in the RV. I was happy to have a real bathroom the buildings I have been in the power and everything else was shut off. When I walked in I saw the man sleeping in the back and he did not look well. He was not going to make it. I walked over to him quietly to look at his wound. I lifting up the lose bandage that was wet with sweat. I saw a bite mark on his rib cage. I jumped back in shock and ran off the RV.

“De ce este acolo un om condamnat pe RV!?” Why is there a doomed man in the RV!? I yelled toward the group.

Most stood up and ran at me with guns out. Dale ran over and asked what was wrong.

“That man has been bitten!? Needs to be killed.” I said pulling out a knife.

“No!” Rick violently whispered and pushed my hand down with the knife. “He is being dealt with. We do not kill the living.”

“He is barely living.” I said sternly to Rick and walked off. I saw Daryl looking at me as I stormed off and Rick and the others were standing there talking.

The next morning a little after dawn the group gathered to leave and Shane was going though the radio channels were using and what to do if cause it doesn't work. When one family said that they were not coming with us, that they were going to find their people and be with them. Ricks wife hugged them goodbye and Rick gave them a pistol in case they needed help. As we loaded into the vehicles I was unsure what one I was going to ride in when Daryl hollered at me and I joined him in the blue truck. I laid my bow and pickaxe down between Daryl and I since it was uncomfortable to sit with. Then we drove off following the others.

“I voted to kill the guy in the RV. Rick told me the same thing “We don't kill the living,” bullshit.” Daryl told me after a few minutes of silence.
“Doomed man. Better now than later, correct?” I asked unsure of the proper wording.
“Yea. Damn idiots.”
“Idioti.” I agreed.
“So, where ya from anyways?”
I glanced over at Daryl while brushing my wind blown hair from my face, “Romania.”
We didn't say anymore after that since the cars in front of us came to a halt. I straightened up and grabbed my pickaxe and tried to see ahead.
“I'll check it out.” I said as I opened the door bringing my bow and leaving the pickaxe. I saw the others leaving their vehicles as well. The problem seemed to be the RV, I could see faint smoke coming from the side. I turned to the truck and told Daryl “The RV. Engine gave out I think.”

Daryl exited the truck and joined the others in walking up to the RV to see what the problem was. Dale was already talking to Rick.

“I told you we'd never get far on that hose. I need the one from the cube van.”
“Can you jury-rig it?”
“That's all it's been so far. It's more duct take than hose and I'm out of duct tape.”

Then Shane who has been looking down the road with binoculars said “I see something up ahead. A gas station if we're lucky.”
Then Jacqui came running off the RV and said “Y'all Jim. It's bad. I don't think he can take anymore.”
Shane and some other man said they will go on ahead to see if it's a gas station up ahead. Then Rick took off his hat and walked into the RV.
I looked over at Daryl and we both knew something had to be done about Jim. I walked over to the middle of the road to keep watch of walkers.
When I was still on watch I saw the group gather to decide the fate of Jim. Then later I saw them take him off the RV and take him a ways down the road and lean him up against a tree. I stayed down on the road and just watched. I could see them saying their goodbyes to him and Rick trying to give up another gun. This man is honorable in my eyes, it is dangerous deciding to give up for the good of the group. I followed Daryl back to the truck. As we drove away I kept my eyes forward not looking back at him.