Raven

Undercover

"Here Devon, your new ride for the next couple of weeks." Officer Vincent Clark said as he tossed keys onto Devon's desk.

"New ride? What am I driving? What's wrong with my SUV?" Devon Hart asked confused. Vincent gave him a confused look.

"It's an Escalade...you drive a rich business man's ride, you now drive a black Challeneger so smile and look cool Detective."

"I'm 32, I don't know how cool I can be at 32." Devon grumbled before Vincent smiled and walked away. Devon sighed and looked back at his computer screen.

Raven didn't have too many reviews for a night club unlike the other twenty something clubs within the 50 mile radius. Some people said it was too dark while others said it was perfect. Not much information, he'd was told he'd have to grow out a goatee and dye his normal light brown hair to black...which kind of looked weird to him. Plus he had to stick in his old lip ring from high school, the chief was talking about tattoos but decided it'd be too much work and risky if the ink started to smear cause there was no way he'd get a few real tattoos for this. It was just an undercover job which he'd been dying to get undercover since he became Detective. He got on NY department a few months after graduating highschool and took him ten years to make detective. And tonight, tonight he'd prove he was prefect for this undercover job. For a month now 3 men and 2 women have been found dead and drained of their blood in Central Park. Devon was called on scene at 5 in the morning when the first body been found by a morning jogger and when it'd been called in Devon laughed at first when Vincent told him there were two puncture wounds in the victims neck. Then about a week later another victim found, no prints were found and they kept coming up empty on clues other then they had two puncture wounds in there necks. No DNA found there either, Devon was the one to connect that all the victims wore black and they all had a stamp of a black bird on their left hand. A new night club had just opened up called 'Raven' so he jumped on his chance and the chief agreed to it. They had no other leads and nobody was coming up with anything.

Devon walked over to Vincent's small little desk and threw a few files onto his desk of all the dead victims. "Look through these once more and give me a call if you get any leads." he said Vincent nodded and looked back to his computer. "I'm heading out now."

"Good luck, and watch out for vampires." Vincent said with a smirk.

Devon laughed. "I'll keep garlic in my pocket." he said before walking away and headed into the cool August night. A black shiny Challenger sat right out in front of the department, luckily a lot of people owned these cars or his cover might have been a little screwed. He had to head back to his apartment before heading to the club because he needed to change out of his suit and tie which would be the last time he wore that till this case was solved.
*****
Emma Dartsin jolted awake and looked around her tiny bedroom. Her vision slowly coming clear, it was dark enough you couldn't see much but the blinking alarm clock meaning the power must have gone out or flickered. She threw her covers off of her and drug herself into her bathroom to wash up for the night. She had thought after opening up her night club things would get a bit more interesting in her life...it hadn't. Her life was still uneventful, get up, get around, go to work and then at sunrise...go to bed alone. Her friend had told her to get a cat or a dog, she'd went with a cat and the damned thing hissed at her every time she moved. Her life was kind of sad when she thought about it.

Music boomed and blared from the club below her, that made her smile as she pulled on her leather pants and grabbed a corset from her dresser. Then grabbed her boots after getting her outfit situated and threw them on quickly. Last but not least she did her hair and make up before heading down to the club. 'All That Remains' was currently blaring from the speakers and people were wandering and dancing around the floor. She made her way to the bar where she took her usual spot behind it and began pouring drinks that were being called out. Many of the faces were ones she's seen plenty of times wandering her club, but a man at the furthest end of the bar she hadn't seen around...ever. He was off, sure he had black hair and a piercing. But he's actions didn't fit everyone else and he was watching other people closely. Emma kept glancing at him while pouring drinks before he finally locked eyes with her, which is what she had been trying to get him to do since she noticed him. He seemed to tense up more when he spotted her, she wasn't that threatening looking. Only one of her arms was covered in tattoos and the rest were hidden on her back and a couple that were on her thighs. The only piercings she held were in her tongue and in her belly button which all were hidden and her hair was an auburn brown, not black or an odd color. She decided to walk over to him and smiled her pearly whites at him, she eyeballed her teeth. 'Whore' by 'In This Moment' started playing which for some reason made her shiver. She never shivered.

"No offense but you look lost." Emma said to him.

"Are you the owner?" he shouted over the music.

"Maybe, what's it to you?" she asked confused why that'd be the first thing he says. He had grey eyes which she hasn't seen in a long time, he was also dark complected which looked natural and not like he went tanning. The black shirt he wore clung to his shoulders and biceps which made her curious as to what else he hid under his clothes. Scrawny men were usually the ones seen running around her club.

"I wanted to ask you a few questions." he said causing her to look at the bartender who seemed to have things covered. Jackson was a good guy and he so happened to need a job and she so happened to need a bartender so she called him up right away.

"Okay, what?"

"You have somewhere a little less...loud?" he asked looking around, Emma rolled her eyes. He was probably going to turn out to be some creeper trying to get laid. He hadn't reeked of alcohol so he still would have his full strength...but Emma wasn't worried. She led him to her office and shut the door behind him.

"Not complete silence but least you don't have to yell. So what do you need to ask?"

"Do you have fangs?" he asked, Emma gave him a confused look.

"Well that's a stupid question. No, if I did you'd see them. Most of the people around here who do have them had their canine teeth shaped or got caps so you'd be able to see them. What are you some reporter or detective?" she asked before sitting behind her desk.

"No, and no...I was just curious. I've been to a few clubs and uh usually the owner has fangs." he said, she sensed he was lying. She wasn't an idiot.

"Look why are you at my club? If you're looking to get laid, these people aren't your best choice, they are a little more vicious here then like most whores around clubs. So choose wisely." she said; he looked at her corset and gave her a quizzical look. So the corset pushed her boobs up...it's kind of what they did.

"Five people are dead, all of them wore this stamp." he said holding up his hand revealing the black Raven. "Someone from this club is taking people out and killing them, draining them of their blood and just leaving them out in the park for someone to pass by and see them. Only marks on them is two puncture wounds. What can you say about that?"

"Who are you?" Emma asked narrowing her eyes.

"Devon Hart." he answered. His voice was deep and raspy...made her shiver as well.

"Look Devon. I don't know many of these people, I just know their faces and there are plenty of men and women that come in with fangs. I cannot pin point one person out to you. If you want to get out there and get questions answered then I'll help you cause nobody is going to tell you shit."

"Aren't you a sweetheart." Devon said glarring.

"So you're some undercover cop?"

"Something like that."

"Well you suck at it. First off what if I was the murderer? Now I know to hide my victims better, but luckily for you I'm not...well not that you can prove."

"No, you just opened a club which as dark as it is would be a could alibi to meet and kill people. But your bar tender would be able to tell me if you left or not at what time and what day. So I know what I am doing."

"You don't fit in with these people. I spotted you out right away. No girls were drooling over you so I think you stick out like a sore thumb...here let me help you out some more." Emma said leading him out of her office and onto the dance floor. She turned her towards him and pulled him close to her. She was a couple of inches shorter than him with her boots. "Maybe people just need a kick start with you." she whispered into his ear, he tensed up again as she placed her hand on the back of his head and swayed against him as other women did to the guy the currently were dancing with. After the song ended Emma pulled back slightly and smashed her lips against his. His entire body went hard. A shock of energy swarmed through her and jolted her brain and something down south. She pulled away quickly and searched his eyes which happened to darken. She hadn't felt anything for a man in a long time, she was almost sure any sexual desires she might've had died. But the second her lips met his it came sparking back to life.

"I'm not sure what kissing had to do with anything." Devon yelled loud enough she hear him, he really didn't need to yell but she decided not to tell him. She brought her mouth next to his ear again.

"It sparks the interest of women near us, look around, quite a few ladies are now starring and so are a few men. Depends who you root for and judging how you freaked out on me for you kissing you I assume the guys. But you have a higher chance of getting answers from the ladies." she said before quickly walking away.

Devon turned to tell her he was in fact not gay, just a little confused, but she had just disappeared amongst the crowd. A girl wearing a similar get up approached him, she however didn't have such an impressive chest and her hair was a platinum blond with black streaks. She revealed a fang-less smile. "Buy me a drink?" she yelled over the music. Well it was a start.

"Lead the way." he yelled back.

Emma watched from the balcony as a blond led Devon through the crowd of people. An arm snaked around her waist and cool breath brushed against her ear sending an uncomfortable shiver down her spine. She turned her head to face Harrison, he was just as tall as Devon but definitely paler then him. She shoved him back.

"Harrison I warned you, if you're going to be in my territory then you will not drain people." Emma snapped her eyes going dark.

"Hey, hey calm down. I haven't even dropped my fangs for any of these humans. They reek of desperation." Harrison said raising his hands. "If it was anyone around here it'd be Gregory."

"I swear if I found out it was you. I will stake you myself." Emma growled before heading down the stairs to go back to the bar. She was going to have to keep an eye on the cop for the next couple of days or she was going to end up with a dead cop on her list as well as five humans. And the last thing she needed was a bunch of cops swarming this place. Devon was currently listening to the blond go on and on about some band that chances are probably never even heard of them, he didn't look like someone who'd listen to music much anymore. Emma smiled to herself as she began pouring drinks again.

"Hey I asked for a drink!" a woman yelled as she pounded her fist on the counter. Emma walked over to her and came face to face with the red haired woman and smiled.

"Bloody Mary?" Emma questioned.