Status: This story is in progress. Please review. :D

This is for The Hero

Chapter Five: The Media

Chapter Six
"I just recommend that you try to stay off of your arm when you sleep and for any pain, let me write you a prescription..." He wrote on his pad and ripped it off to hand to me. "...and you should be fine." The doctor smiled at me, and I grabbed the note. I couldn't read his handwriting at all.

It seemed as if I had been in the ER forever, but it was only around four or five hours. I didn't mind, but the only problem was that being here without someone here with me was just dreadful and made it boring. I text Jaro, Trenton; even my parents, yet none of them answered. It was probably best that Jaro didn't come, though, because all of the other people in the incident that tried to attack me were in the hospital as well. She would have rampaged if she found out that they were the reason that I was here.

When the doctor left the room, I got up and walked to the giant window that showed Springside from almost a penthouse view. The land here looked amazing, I had to say. Outside the street and city area, the grass was all emerald green and stayed that hue throughout the part of the land that I could see. It may have only been because May just started, and the April showers ended, but the scenery was still amazing.

Then, I looked down at the parking lot, and near the entrance were news vans that had reporters standing outside. I already knew that they were waiting for me to come out of the hospital. I was prepared, yet I still wanted a friend with me for extra support.

I wanted Trenton to be here.

These feelings for him hit me really fast and hard; it always happened to me. I always refused to believe that I fell in love easily, but every time, it was myself that I was lying to. It was definitely the case here, and I can't deny it this time. He meant a lot to me...

...yet I don't even know his last name.

Who was this guy? I've only seen him in person twice at the bar, talked to him over the phone once, and I, being the idiot that I am, slept with him only because he defended me against Stephen. My thinking was really screwed up, yet I didn't know how to stop it. Feelings like mine become intense really fast, and, to me, I was oblivious until I sincerely thought about it. Trenton was basically a stranger, and for all I knew, he could be a man whore, or, worst case scenario, a psychopathic killer.

It was too early to be even thinking about love. High school is over, and the real world didn't have time for petty feelings such as this. I'd have to suppress them in as long as I could until the right time came.

No telling how long that would take...

I looked back down at the reporters outside, and I felt my stomach drop as I thought about going through all of them trying to make me answer their stupid questions so they didn't get fired due to low ratings. The media always had that special power that made the person they were questioning feel so uncomfortable that he or she burst into intense emotions until they were considered insane to the public. They are basically a scary monster.

Take Britney Spears for example: she had everything going for her. She had the fame, the beauty, and Kevin Federline. Then, one day, poof. The publicity of her divorce and the rumors spread were too much for the queen of pop, which ultimately led to her losing her mind and shaving her head while she lost custody of her kids. She was a lucky one to slip through, though, by coming back to writing music and gaining back the fame she hadn't meant to leave behind. The less fortunate, like Lindsay Lohan, were just left to suffer as a lost cause and as a joke to the nation.

I didn't want this to happen at all. Superstition is an idiot. This most likely brought his reputation even lower, considering the rumors that are probably already being spread. What is even worse, though, is that I am being sucked into it against my will because of the fucking press. None of this would have happened if he wouldn't have stopped Randal. Besides, he should have more important things to be doing than dealing with idiotic seniors in college and their antics.

"Mr. Davies?" I turned around to see two officers. They were the two officers that showed up at my house to interrogate me down at the police station. "May we have a word with you? We have something we want to show you."

I blinked a little, wondering what it was. "Officer Bryan. Horowitz." I looked at them both. "Sure."

"We looked at the mall security tapes, and luckily, the camera was angled close enough to where we could get a general idea of what happened." Officer Horowitz grabbed a laptop out of his bag and opened it while dropping the case. The other kept talking as he was working on something. "We wanted to know what happened between you and the superhero, Superstition."

Horowitz sat the computer on the hospital bed, and I walked over to them to see the screen. He clicked a button, and the footage began to play. It was at a diagonal view, and my car wasn't in view along with me. The other guys were already on the ground, and Superstition was looking at me. He stepped forward, but then stopped for a minute. He just stood there staring at most likely me, from what I can remember. Then, he looked behind himself, and boomed out of sight. The officer clicked the button again to stop it and closed the laptop.

In an instant, I replied, "He was about to walk towards me, but told him to stop, and he did. I looked away from him after that, and when I looked back, a gust of wind hit me, and he disappeared."

"There wasn't any other interaction?"

"No."

"Is there anything else you can tell us?"

"All I can say is that these rumors that I've seen on local newspapers are false. There is no way, shape, or form that we are partners." I needed to get this across because I did not need my image around the town to be completely obliterated. I was sure that Superstition had the same problem as well.

"That it?"

"Yes, sir."

Horowitz took the laptop and shut it. They both adjusted their uniforms and said their goodbyes and I sat down on my hospital bed again.

Why did this have to happen to me? My life has been flipped upside down ever since the hero had to 'save the day'. I wish Superstition was out of my life, now.

I picked up my phone and dialed Trenton's number again. I needed some moral support so I didn't go insane in this stupid fucking hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: It's kinda short, but we needed to get feelings spoken. :3 Please comment! :D