Status: Active

Runaway

Welcome To Huntington Beach

Image

Maci stared out the window of the bus as it passed the Welcome To Huntington Beach sign. She felt at ease, but scared at the same time. Scared that Kris would find her and in the end finally kill her. She stared down at the ring on her finger. Right now, it didn't mean anything to her. She just needed to get away and make a better life for herself. She needed to find her safe haven; right now Huntington Beach was it. She loved the beauty of California. It had always been one of her dreams to come here. The beaches, the sun, the weather; it all just made her feel giddy inside.

The bus pulled to a complete stop in front of the large bus station. For some reason, Maci wasn't scared about where she would be going. She had phoned a few places in the area that were looking for jobs. One guitar store was hiring part time; she knew a lot about guitars. Her father collected many of them-he also taught her how to play. She loved singing. It wasn't her dream to become famous or anything like that, but she did love writing songs and performing them in the comfort of her own home. Maci watched as people began to get off the bus. She slowly followed in suit. Thankfully, she had enough money to support herself for the next few months. Getting a job was her number one plan though.

Her achy legs stepped off of the bus. The cool weather hit her abruptly. She closed her eyes letting the wind whip through her long curly hair. She was going to love it here. Maci waited for her bag that only contained her clothes and necessities then she was on her way. The guitar shop was expecting her today. She found the address on her phone. That was the first thing she did before she left New York. She got her own cell phone so Kris wouldn't be able to track her down. She knew he had a tracker in her old phone.

Kris was a famous drug lord in New York. He made millions of money; no one would throw him into jail because he could easily post bail and get out again. He also killed people that didn't agree with him. Maci and Kris were complete opposites. Maci wanted to be a school teacher while Kris did drugs and liked to beat on his wife. He wasn't always like that. He used to be a loving man. The two of them met on the internet and well it just clicked. He offered Maci a place to live, comfort, and anything that she could ever ask for. She didn't have to worry about money when she was with him. Anything she wanted Kris would give it to her. But money doesn't buy love or happiness. Kris became really abusive after they got married. He wanted Maci to stay indoors; afraid that she would cheat on him. Any man that even looked at her Kris would get up into their face and start a fight.

Maci finally couldn't take it anymore; she had to get away. She knew how to shoot a gun. That was one of the many things her grandfather had taught her. She grew up in texas so she knew how to aim and kill if it need be. She slaved over a nice dinner for Kris. She knew that he would be ready for a fight; it was a saturday night so he was drunk all day at his club that he owned. Maci used to work there but after all the drama with Kris thinking she was cheating on him with half the male customers she quit. That night, he stumbled in while Maci was putting the dinner on the table.

"Where did all this fucking food come from?" he spat while coming at her.

"From the grocery store."

"You have Gertrude for that."

Gertrude was basically Maci's nanny. If she needed anything, Gertrude was to be the one to go out and get it.

"Gertrude did go to the store and get it."

"Bullshit! Anthony saw you today Maci. You stupid slut. What have I told you about leaving the house?"

"I'm not cheating on you Kris."

"Really? Then why do you have your hair always fixed up and nice clothes on? You sure as hell don't give me sex or please me."

Maci shook her head. She couldn't take this anymore. She had to get away. Kris turned his back on her to take his shoes off. This was her chance. She quickly grabbed the gun from her pants and took it off safety. She raised up her arms trying to get a good aim. Kris turned around. His eyes narrowed into anger.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" he yelled.

"Kris, I can't take this anymore. Let me leave."

"Over my dead body." he charged at Maci causing her to jump, but she contained her composure and shot at him. The shot landed in his chest. She didn't stay long to see if he was alright. Quickly, she grabbed her bag along with her purse and ran as fast as she could. Now, she couldn't help but to look over her shoulder for any sign of him. Maci accidently bumped into someone which caused her to scream.

"I'm sorry miss." a man apologized. "I didn't mean to startle you."

She got strange looks from people at the bus station. She nodded at him then quickly darted off down the street. The guitar shop was about ten blocks away from the bus station. she also googled a hotel that was right across the street. So if she got the job she could stay at that hotel. For a week stay it would be over five hundred dollars. She had enough to stay there for at least three months along with getting groceries and such. She was so glad that her grandpa left her enough money after he died a month ago. He was everything to her. She finally found the guitar store. She hoped and prayed that they would hire her. It wasn't much of a job, but until she figured out what she wanted to do she could work here.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Hope you like it!!! :)