Status: Active

Runaway

Interview

Image

The guitar store was lined with different brands of guitars from acoustic to electric; steel-string to classical, electro acoustic, twelve string, archtop, bass, and on the far wall was a snding poster board of a very nice looking guy. Behind the cardboard cut out was a rack of schecter guitars that looked like they could be played by a rock God. Maci softly touched a few of the guitars in awe.

"Are you looking for a schecter?" a man came out from the back office.

He looked to be about mid twenties with shaggy brown hair, a muscular build, and piercing green eyes. He smiled politely at Maci who in return smiled back at him. She was friendly to people who were friendly to her.

"Actually, I don't know if you're the one I talked too yesterday." she began. "I'm Maci. I called about the job interview."

"Oh yes! You talked to me! I'm Chaz!"

The two politely shook hands.

"So, what brings you to Huntington Beach?"

Maci shrugged. "I just wanted a new start in life. I've always wanted to live in California."

"Right, well follow me to the back office and we'll get started on your application and interview."

Maci followed him into a very small office. Chaz rustled around through his desk until he found an application. He handed it to Maci who began to fill it out. She didn't know what to put on her address because well she didn't know where she was living at now.

"Um, I'm staying with a friend and I really can't remember her address."

"It's fine, you can finish that part later."

Maci finished up her application then handed it to Chaz. He looked over it and looked back up at her.

"Okay, so you said on the phone you know how to play the guitar. On Friday nights along with your duties here would you be willing to teach some children how to play guitar?" he asked.

Maci smiled. She always wanted to be a teacher so this would be great.

"Yes, I would love that!"

Maci spent the next hour talking to Chaz who said she could start tomorrow from nine to five. She would get fourty hours a week and make ten dollars an hour which Maci was so happy for. She could start saving up to get her own place. On friday nights from three to five she would be teaching children between seven and twelve how to play the guitar. She thanked Chaz then headed back out into the sun. She looked around until she found a hotel right across the street from the guitar shop. She assumed that was the one she had contacted yesterday about prices. She could probably afford a rent place, but she would have to look around for that when she had a day off from work. Right now, a hotel room would have to do.

She opened the front door to the hotel. The lobby was rather large; containing a seating area, a small coffee shop, and a gift shop. Maci looked around to find the main desk where a larger woman sat. She greeted Maci with a friendly smile.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" she asked.

"I was wondering how much a room would be for a week. I'm just moving from New York and I haven't really had a chance to find a rent house yet."

"Okay, is it just you?"

"Yes."

The woman began typing away on her computer. "Would you like a queen sized bed or a king?"

"Queen is fine."

"Balcony? It overlooks the ocean!"

Maci smiled. She figured that would be really lovely to sit and watch the sun set over the beach.

"Why not!"

"Alright, for a weeks stay it will be four hundred and eighty five dollars!"

"Great!"

Maci thought that was a good deal. Usually, hotel rooms were really expensive. Little did she know it would be over six hundred dollars but the owner of the hotel felt sadened for Maci. So she gave her a discount. She paid with cash then was handed her key.

"Your room will be on the third floor. We have a continental breakfast every morning from six to nine and our coffee shop is open from nine to eight every night! We also have an indoor pool an outdoor pool and you can head onto the beach whenever you want!"

"Thank you so much!"

Maci grabbed her luggage then headed over to the elevator. She pressed the up button. It soon dinged then opened up letting her inside. She quickly hit the third floor button and patiently waited for it to stop on the third floor. She found her room number. She swiped the key which unlocked the door gaining her access inside. She thought the room was very beautiful. It wasn't much, but it would do for now. It contained the usual queen sized bed with a beautiful floral comforter, a large dresser opened up to reveal a flat screen TV, by the sliding glass doors that lead to the balcony was a couch with a coffee table seated in front of it, there also contained a desk, a closet, and a wonderful bathroom.

The first thing she decided to do was take a shower. She had been stuck in a smelly bus for almost a week. Sure, the bus made rest stops but she really didn't want to shower at a truck stop. She headed into the rather large bathroom with her duffle bag in tow. Maci only packed the little things that she would need. After showering, she changed into a pair of Victoria Secret Pink sweat pants and a black wife beater. She blow dried out her hair letting her curls fall down her back. She noticed that there was a microwave and a small mini fridge. Tomorrow she would go to the store and get a few things to eat. Right now, all she felt like doing was sleeping in a comfortable warm bed; and that's exactly what she did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Thank you all so much for recomending this story! It really means a lot to me! I never really wanted to get into writing A7x fanfiction, but I was inspired! Sorry this part is kind of fillerish but Brian will be in the next chapter!