Status: Disclaimer: I don't own the characters.

Moonlight Hurricane

Chapter 1

I sat and watched as the moonlight kissed over my papa as he sleeps. The light gave him a certain glow that made him seem more angelic than ever. I glanced down at the white hospital sheets, and wondered maybe it was because it was too much white. Surrounding him in this bask of holy light that made me think of heaven. The doctors and his manager never commented on it, so maybe it’s just all in my head.

That’s where the raging storm of nightmares and deceiving thoughts rest. The tornado has learned to take the form of the one I love most, Kyousuke, my papa. The storm clashes against me and tears holes inside my heart. Leaving it to bleed and manifest into an infection of fear and doubt.

I glance away from papa as the storm starts to rumble even harder against my chest. The pain of seeing him lying there against those sheets, makes it rain even harder. Thunder starts to explode within my mind. Memories begin to fight its way to the forefront.

Kyousuke kissing me before I rush off to school

Us sitting under that big tree at the park

Me being lifted into the air, thinking I could converse with the birds, due to papa holding me so high


“Mira come here.”

I snatch my head up to see my papa looking right at me. His eyes holding its own storm, except his were calm as if the worst was over. I clutched the chair handle tightly before letting it go just as quick. I get up and make my way over to the bed, never taking my glaze off the storm that was still slightly brewing.

As I reached the edge of the bed by my papas’ head, he starts to slowly smile. Air takes a quick exit through my lips, as if it was waiting for that moment before it escaped. Kyousuke hands reached up and cups the back of head. I feel the strength of his nimble fingers as they push me down to greet his lips.

The storm began to fade away, leaving nothing behind.