What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces ?

Keep Chasing me

Vic and I didn’t say much after that, we just shut off all the lights in the house, and went back to my bedroom. We climbed into bed together, and just lay intertwined. He fell asleep long before me, and I was content just to lay there with him by my side. I lay on my back, looking up at the ceiling, my eyes seeing nothing in the darkness, the room was pitch black except for a ray of moonlight that fell across Vic’s face. It had been so long since he was here with me in my bed, and nothing had ever felt like it belonged more. He unconsciously tightened his grip around me, and I moved my head to his chest. I closed my eyes, listening to his heartbeat. I peeked under my lashes at his perfect features, and saw that he was looking down on me. “I love you.” He whispered. It was the first time either of us had said it since the break-up.

I slowly moved my face towards his, and our lips crushed together with an incredible sense of urgency. I pulled away and moved so that I was straddling him, and then I began the kiss again. His tongue danced in my mouth, and I rolled my hips against his. He let out a lot moan, and tangled his hand in my hair. Neither of us got much sleep that night.

Vic’s POV

I woke up, and thought “What happens now ?” How was I going to explain this to the band, and how mad were they already ? How was I going to finish touring… I had another show tonight, but at least it wasn’t until late. I slid my arm off of Ches, careful not to wake her. I padded quietly into the kitchen to call Mike, nervous about what he would say.

Mike-“ Hey man.”

Me-“ So uh….I’m at Chesney’s.”

Mike- “I know.”

Me-“ You know ?”

Mike-“ Yes, of course I know, I’m your brother.”

Me-“ How mad are Tony and Jaime…?”

Mike-“ Well, we were all pretty pissed at first, and we were confused on where you’d run off too. I was the first one to figure out that you went to see her. But bro, I know how bad it’s been killing you. You made the right choice now, man. She’s your girl. I would have done the same thing. But listen, we re-scheduled the show for tonight, at the same venue. I told the press that you had a personal emergency, but I didn’t mention it being with a girl. Bring her with you tonight Vic, don’t make the same mistake again.”

Me-“ Mikey, you’re the best. I love you bro. I will, expect to see both her and I tonight. Thanks for saving my ass, see you later.”

I hung up the phone, smiling. My little brother really fucking patched things up for me. And suddenly, my life wasn’t going so wrong anymore.

I snuck back into the room, stopping in the doorway, just looking at her. Her hair was spread out along the pillow, and her hand tangled itself in it. Her long lashes curled over her porcelain cheeks, and her beautiful lips were curved into a half smile. She had kicked the covers down, leaving her body exposed- She was wearing underwear and my shirt from last night, and she was rocking it. She looked so gorgeous and peaceful, and I imagined she hadn’t looked that way for a long time. I crept into bed and put my arm around her tiny waist, pulling her closer to me.

We spent the day in bed, just cuddling and talking softly. We were both so tired from the lack of sleep over recent months, and of course neither of us wanted to leave the bed. We didn’t want to break the moment, so we made it last all day. At around dinnertime, I pulled her out of bed with me so that I could make her dinner. I made her sit at the table and keep in my site as I made Mexican food (of course), singing to her the whole time. I watched as she ate, nervous that she would throw up. When she didn’t, I beamed, my mood increasing even more. “I have a show tonight, and you’re coming. “I told her, not giving her the option to object. She looked at me and simply nodded, and I breathed a sigh of relief. “ The guys are anxious to see you again.” I commented. She beamed, “Really ?” I nodded, “Of course.” She smiled down at her plate. “Our tour is almost over, just so you know…” I told her awkwardly.“I have to shower for tonight,” she said suddenly. She looked at me, “ Come and join me.”

We showered and cleaned up together, getting ready for the drive and then the show. The reunion went off without a hitch, and indeed, Tony and Jaime were not mad at me. They explained that they had been worried about my behavior lately anyway, and were going to be pushing something like this to happen. Tony pulled me aside and told me that he was going to convince me to cancel the tour and get some help, because he was afraid that I was suicidal. Of course sensitive Tony had picked up on my emotions. He looked me in the eye when I didn’t object the suicidal part, and said “ I love you man. I’m here for you.” I hugged him, and whispered “Thank you Turtle.”

Jaime was all over Ches, filling her in on everything that had happened, including some embarrassing drunk stories of me. When the guys left to set up, I stayed behind a moment. Chesney looked at her hands and wiped away a tear, I didn’t think she knew I was there. I rushed up to her, kneeling in front of her. “What’s wrong ?!” I asked her urgently. “It’s just…” she sniffled. “I’ve missed this.” I pulled her into a hug, and she wished me luck. I walked onto the stage with renewed energy for the set “This song is dedicated to someone very special to me.” And we began to play like we hadn’t played in months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so late, but I've been gone pretty much all day, and then I started my new fic ! Check it out "I Hope You Like The Stars Stole For You" And I know this chapter isn't the greatest, it's sort of a filler. :/ Bear with me guys !