What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces ?

It's Good Enough to Make Me Wanna Fall In Love

Vic's POV

I spent the rest of the night getting little sleep, tossing and turning. After a nightmare or a flashback, I could never sleep, for fear of recurrence. I got up and walked around a little, wandering silently from room to room. It was around four in the morning now, and all I could think about was Chesney. I hadn’t felt this way about someone in a long time. It had been so long since I’d felt butterflies like this…

I went back to my room and stared out the window. It looked out directly at Chesney’s house, I think maybe into her kitchen. I rolled onto my back and looked up at my skylight. The stars lit up the night, and I let myself start to daydream. I contemplated asking Chesney to hang with me and the guys tomorrow, we had a really fun day planned. I had driven them all crazy, babbling drunkenly about her all night. I couldn’t help it, I couldn’t get her of my mind, and it was driving me insane. Plus, the amount of alcohol consumed had certainly been a factor…

Before I knew it, light was streaming in through my window, and the sun was rising. I heard the guys start to stir, and I headed into the kitchen. It was before eight in the morning, but our day was going to be busy. I casually mentioned to the guys that I had thought about maybe inviting Chesney to come with us on our plans, and they all nodded just as casually. I went to take a shower, leaving them to their own devices.

Mike’s POV

As soon as I entered the kitchen, I could hear Vic talking about the neighbor again. It was too early for this shit, I mean sure, she was hot, but her friend was smokin’. Whatever, Vic was Vic.
I didn’t really mind if she came with us, I liked seeing Vic the way he was around her. So when he went to take a shower, I consulted with the guys, and we raced over to her house. When we arrived at her door, Jaime knocked obnoxiously on it. “What if she isn’t up ?” Tony asked worriedly. “I saw her outside way earlier,” Jaime said confidently. Tony and I looked at him strangely, but Jaime’s will be Jaime’s.

She opened the door, and we burst through it. “Vicky looooovesss youuu !” Jaime shouted, giggling madly. Me and Tony laughed at his energy. I turned to face her, she was already dressed and looking good. I had to admit, I was impressed; it’s hard to find someone who sleeps less and gets ready earlier than Vic. At this point, she had him beat. “He really does like you though; he hasn’t shut up about you, actually,” I told her seriously. “We came here to invite you out with us today !” Tony told her, getting straight to the heart of the matter. “How did you know I would be up ?” She questioned us suspiciously. Jaime looked to her shyly- “I, uh, saw you outside earlier .” he blushed and stared at his feet. “I couldn’t sleep either so I was walking along the beach. I was going to come talk with you ,but I didn’t want you to think I was weird, and besides, Vic would have killed me…he trailed off. She smiled at him, amused. “So Vic wasn’t having you spy on me then ?” “Oh God no !” I laughed, although I’m sure the thought had probably crossed his mind, anxious as he was. “He hasn’t gotten to that stage yet !” She gladly accepted our invitation, and we told her we would meet her here at eleven. She begged us to know our destination, but we refused to tell her. WE figured we’d let Vic explain that part later.

This was about to be one wild day.

Vic’s POV

I finished getting ready when Mike started yelling for me to come into the living room. “Where’s the fire ?” I asked him, slightly irritated at his urgency. “Who’s the best younger brother in the world ?” He asked me. I looked at him questioningly, raising my eyebrows. “Guess who’s coming with us today...” He hinted, breaking into an even wider grin. “DID YOU GO TALK TO HER ?” I asked, sounding like a teenage boy. “WHAT DID SHE SAY ? WHEN IS SHE COMING ? DO I LOOK OKAY ?” A bunch of questions exited my mouth, and I felt my face heat up. Tony piped in “She seemed really happy to come, we’re meeting her at her house at eleven, and you look fine.” I couldn’t help the smile gracing my lips, I had been waiting since I left her house last night for this. When I was in the shower, I was so nervous about what I was going to say to her to get her to come. I definitely had the best friends in the world.Me and Mike bro hugged, and I made them a big breakfast in thanks. I sang as I cooked, and Jaime joined in. Mike rolled his eyes, and Tony kept quiet. “Have you been writing ?” Tony asked me suddenly; he looked worried. “Yeah of course Turtle !” I replied; which I had, every night that I couldn’t sleep, except last night. I was thinking that Chesney was definitely going to influence me to write some songs, and I wondered how she’d feel about that. She didn’t even know that I sang or wrote songs, or that I was in a band, for that matter. It was nice to have someone who liked me for me, before they knew about everything else. I hoped she’d like the songs I would write for her…
After breakfast was cleaned up and teeth were brushed, the guys finished getting ready and I just relaxed. I needed some time to myself before I saw Chesney so I could calm down and not embarrass myself. Also, so I wouldn’t have another anxiety attack. I grimaced as I thought about the way I acted last night. There wouldn’t be a repeat of that today, because I made sure to take my meds; I didn’t want anything to ruin this. This was my night for sure.

My hands began to clam up as we walked the short way to Chesney’s place. The guys were already getting rowdy and excited, but I was quiet, trying to keep my composure. They hadn’t told her where we were going or what we were doing today, and I hoped she would be surprised and delighted. When we arrived, I knocked quickly before I changed my mind. I looked down at myself, wondering if my outfit had been the right choice. What am I, a chick or something ? I thought to myself. I was wearing skinny jeans, of course, with a grey button up shirt and a black knit beanie. My hair was curly where it peeked out of my hat. I was just about to knock again when she opened the door with a smile. “You look great,” I told her sincerely. I held out my hand and she took it, and I lead her to our van. She seemed surprised at the choice of vehicle, but she didn’t know about all the band equipment we had to store in the back. Mike drove, and Tony sat in the passenger seat. Jaime sat by the window, and I sat by the other, with Chesney in the middle. I snuck a glance at her, she really did look amazing. Her outfit choice was simple, red shorts and a loose white tank, but she looked great in it. Her hair was softly waving down her back, and I saw sweet tattoo of a rose just under her ear. I smiled softly, and turned my attention out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments on this chapter ? Can you guess where they're going ?