Status: Finished! Thank you guys SO much!

A Lie Too Late

Epilogue

"How do you say goodbye, when you've hardly said hello?" I sung out, a smile making it's way on my lips.
On the other side of the stage, Oli was standing on a riser. "The only way we know, the only way we know!" he screamed.
"How do you say goodbye, when you've hardly said hello?" I repeated, my eyes adjusting to the crowd.
There were a lot of fans, standing on their feet and screaming their lungs out as Oli continued singing.
"We're young and in love, heart attacks waiting to happen. So come a little closer, tell me those three little words!" I finished, pulling the microphone away and glancing at Oliver.
"I love you." he mouthed, from his spot, as he ran towards me and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you tonight, babe." he winked.
"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Come on, mother-fuckers! Let's hear it for my perfect boyfriend, Josh Franceschi of You Me At Six!"
The audience cheered, giving me a rowdy send-off as I tossed my microphone aside and walked off stage.
Bring Me The Horizon was finishing their set, and as much as I wanted to stick around and watch, I had an interview.
It took a few moments to set up the cameras, but before long, I was leaning against a blank wall with a young woman from RockSound Magazine.
"Hey everyone, I'm Elaine Powers and I'm here with Josh Franceschi, the lead singer of You Me At Six. How's it going, Josh?"
"It's going great." I flashed a charistmatic smile. "I just got off stage with Bring Me The Horizon where I was doing vocals for Fuck."
"Tell us, what's the song about?"
"Us." I laughed. "Like, Oli and me. How do you say goodbye when you've hardly said hello? When he first met, back in high school, we were together for a couple months before he decided to pursue his career in music and dropped out of high school."
The lie slid off my tongue so easily, it's like that was the truth.
"How'd you feel about him leaving like that?" Elaine pressed, placing the microphone to me.
"It was saddening." I shrugged. "But, we're back together and touring together, and nothing could be better."
"You're pretty happy with him, aren't you?"
"Fuck, I'm head over heels for the guy. He can make me smile on my worst day, but piss me off just as easily." I laughed, looking up.
Bring Me was finished with their set, and Oli was hiding behind a stand of speakers and watching our interview.
"So, tell me Josh, how did you come up with the name 'You Me At Six'?"
"That...goes back to Sykes." I shook my head. "Anyway, when we were still friends, he asked me out jokingly. 'You, me, at six?' and the day after he came back, he knocked on my door and asked the same thing."
She asked a few more questions, and I kept answering. "Hey, get over here you bloody wanker!" I called out, after Oli ducked behind the speakers for the fifth time.
He blushed, coming out.
"Everyone, I'd like you to meet my perfect boyfriend. Now go curl up in bed and cry because you'll never get a piece of this man." I smirked.
"Josh..." Oli blushed.
"What?" I asked, kissing his forehead. "It's the truth, and I'm incredibly lucky to have someone as special as you in my arms."
"I could say the same." Oli mumbled, brushing his lips against mine.
"There are a lot of things I could say, but nothing would compare to what I'm feeling, Love. I'm happy with you, and I hope you're happy with me, because I'm not letting you go anytime soon."
"I love you too." Oli smiled, wrapping his arms around my torso and resting his head against my chest.
"Well, that's all the time we have now." Elaine interrupted awkwardly. "Thanks for watching guys, this has been Elaine Powers with Josh Franceschi of You Me At Six and Oli Sykes of Bring Me The Horizon. Any last words, guys?"
We grinned at the camera, before facing each other and losing track of time as we indulged in one final on-screen kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!

Now, we're officially done with this story and I just wanted to give my thanks to all my amazing commenters and readers.
You guys are the reason I've kept this story going.

Thanks so much for that!

This has been one of my favorite stories I've written, and I'm glad I was able to finish this one. I've realized, I really love writing Fransykes.
Ahem, I think I've found new OTP.

Anyway, be sure to subscribe to my new Fransykes, Will You Let Darkness Fall? ft. Pierce The Veil, which a lot more tragic and triggering than this story...
I'll try to post the first chapter Sunday or Monday (WARPED TOUR TOMORROW)

Thanks again, guys.